xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Coded Arms Firmware Version Checker ...  (Read 39 times)

Flexmaster Frag

• Archived User
Coded Arms Firmware Version Checker ...
« on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

This is old news but thought it should be posted... very intriguing article from ps2nfo.com:

As we posted in our Past News, PSP titles are now including both a Firmware Version Checker and mandatory firmware updates to run new titles as displayed HERE from the recent Coded Arms Japanese release. Of course we all know it won't be long before such Vers8 Check routines are simply detected and circumvented (as was done with PS2 DVD/DVD9 Media Checks) by warez release groups, as several already have had a working PSP UMD Image Loader that runs virtually mounted UMD iSO dumps via a PSP Memory Stick for some time internally.

However, to date no group has publically shared theirs yet... (Dynarox made mention of theirs awhile back, and more recently an SbN release NFO file boasted "We know a secret *G*" along with today's Coded Arms DMU release NFO file stating "we hope there is a umd iso loader soon. ;p"). Only time will tell what the future holds for the PSP, but we have a feeling it won't be much longer before the PSP 'scene' gets a nice big kickstart into full gear!

Another development came about yesterday when WAB released the world's first psp trainer... it has 3 cheats: Infinite Time, All Levels, and All Bonus and Points... but what struck me as odd was the last option on the trainer... "LAUNCH GAME".  When I selected this option, it said "ERROR:  CAN'T FIND EBOOT.BIN on MS0" ... a sign of things to come?  I will have pics of the trainer soon...

This post has been edited by Flexmaster Frag: Jun 26 2005, 12:55 AM

midiemulation

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »

So far 3 games I saw were coming with or require update to 1.5 and I imagine many if not all games after will require this "update" as welll. As for playing [psp] games on the mem card so far I've heard of 3 groups that have loaders  in the works and know of 1 that is fully playing the owners legally owned backups. The loader is very real and I imagine pics will be "leaked" soon.

This post has been edited by midiemulation: Jun 28 2005, 10:52 PM

shank69xo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »

Read this. I hope that it works. I have tryed it, and it does indeed boot games. Now we just have to wait for a game to come and see if it gets around that firmware check.