xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Get Files On  (Read 49 times)

atomiX

• Archived User
Can't Get Files On
« on: May 28, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

it would help if you provided a little more detail on the problem. What type of file are you trying to load and from where?

as for network updates, i'd avoid them for now since you might be limiting homebrew in the future. there is no way to run homebrew apps on a 1.5 currently and 1.51 has only provided "security fixes" so I see this as bad for the hackers.

brandtw

• Archived User
Can't Get Files On
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

I have tried mp3, jpeg, and mp4 files.  I am trying to load the files from the my documents folder.  I have tried draging and dropping as well as copy-paste.  I have reformated my memory stick. nothing seems to help

brandtw

• Archived User
Can't Get Files On
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »

After that it says that the path is incorrect the e drive window closes and I have to stop the usb connection and restart it.  The file that I tried to load would be partially on the psp (i.e. an mp3 will show up and will play for a second or two them it will stop playing and say tht the data is corrupted)

atomiX

• Archived User
Can't Get Files On
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

i'd have to say something is wrong on the PC side.
are you dragging a shortcut or the actual music file?
have you tried copy-paste instead of dragging?

have you tried copying from the PSP to the PC?

brandtw

• Archived User
Can't Get Files On
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »

i have tried copy pasting both from the pc to psp as well as psp to pc.  psp to pc works or at least seems to.  I can't get the file information back onto the psp and only files that I could try were saved game data so I don't know if these files are corrupted or not

atomiX

• Archived User
Can't Get Files On
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

i'm not exactly sure what might be causing this but you might want to try with another PC to see if yours is the problem.