xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Laptop/notebook Suggestions?  (Read 118 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Laptop/notebook Suggestions?
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »

I want your problems. You do realize that large quantities of beer can get expensive, right?

I say buy from http://system76.com, and put the rest in a beer saving account (A.K.A. sock drawer).

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »

the fingerprint readers are junk.
Funny story: my buddy had one on his hp and i simply took the middle digit of my finger and ran it across a few times and it let me in. he didn't believe me and i told my other buddy to do it and it worked for him too lol.
just my 2 cents

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »

Go for an HP. They look nice and they can get you all the features you need in your price range.

TheTerminator

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

I would've said a Mac since it's in the price range and it's awesome... but Lenovo is def the way to go for a PC laptop. The most durable, long lasting notebook I own is a Lenovo. Also, the fingerprint reader on Lenovo notebooks aren't like the ones Camdog is talking about because you can't get into the computer without the right one. It's nice to have but you may get tired of it like I did, but I know people who use it.

Also, I'd like to know what you have against Macs. I mean I know I didn't like them either till I got my hands on one and then ended up buying one of my own.