xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installing Wihdows On A Laptop  (Read 79 times)

hassle

• Archived User
Installing Wihdows On A Laptop
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »

I am installing windows on a laptop that is pretty old. but it is ok to run XP. well i keep getting a BSOD "session3 run failure" during the part of the installation that says "starting windows". well i tried to install it onto the same hard drive in a different laptop and it still did it. then i tried it in the second laptop with another hard drive and still the same thing.

is there something in the bios, that needs to be changed in order to get this done.

the hdd is a 20 GB IDE drive. both are.

hassle

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(hassle @ Dec 5 2008, 10:38 PM) View Post

I am installing windows on a laptop that is pretty old. but it is ok to run XP. well i keep getting a BSOD "session3 run failure" during the part of the installation that says "starting windows". well i tried to install it onto the same hard drive in a different laptop and it still did it. then i tried it in the second laptop with another hard drive and still the same thing.

is there something in the bios, that needs to be changed in order to get this done.

the hdd is a 20 GB IDE drive. both are.

i just realized i was trying to use a 64 bit version and im guessing that was the problem. so go ahead and delete this if needed.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »

Nice. I hope you can get your money back. rolleyes.gif