xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Got New Laptop  (Read 158 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »

Yeah, I got it at Best Buy! What you gona do bout' it!! i first bought it for the decorative pattern but then i found out it was actually a pretty good machine. bout to try and play the cod4 demo on it. hopefully itll run that.

Intel® Centrino® processor technology with interrelated Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T5800
Intel® Wi-Fi Link 5100AGN network connection and extended battery life capability.

4GB DDR2 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB. 800MHz frontside bus, 2MB L2 cache and 2.0GHz processor speed.

Blu-ray Disc-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Features full read support for next-generation Blu-ray Disc (BD-ROM). Double-layer support using compatible media.
17" WXGA+ high-definition widescreen display
with BrightView Infinity technology and 1440 x 900 resolution showcases your movies and games in stunning clarity.
320GB SATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics
Features 512MB dedicated video memory and up to 2302MB total available memory for lush images and vivid detail. 1 HDMI port for easy connectivity to an HDTV.
QuickPlay media buttons
Puts your media within easy reach. HP mobile remote included.
Built-in webcam with microphone

5-in-1 digital media reader
Supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card.
IEEE 1394 port and 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer. 1 eSATA/USB combo port.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g)
Wirelessly connect to the Internet.
Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

With RJ-45 connector and 56 Kbps modem for quick and easy wired Web connection. Expansion port 3 for additional connectivity.

Features a decorative wave pattern. Backlit media control panel for ease-of-use.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system with Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled

IPB Image
IPB Image

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 06:11:00 AM »

this is by far the creepiest program ever... puts your face onto dogs n shit.  still workin trying some games.  pretty neat to be able to bring a bluray player with HDMI to work though. itll plug nicely into the projector in the training room  biggrin.gif  the sound isnt half bad either with the build in subwoofer.... (thats the size of a tweeter)

IPB Image

throwingks

• Archived User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »

Yeah, I got it at Best Buy!
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

That is a nice laptop though. I have seen older similar models and they play games great (video and sound). Just need an external mouse.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »

already got the blue tooth mouse hehe. my sweaty fingers dont slide to well along the mouse pad.  

now i dont know what pc games to get... i have a gaming pc but never use it... just need some good shit to waste time at work... 3 13's a week of NOTHING is getting boring. but i shouldnt complain heh. pays well to have a brain

throwingks

• Archived User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »

What games do you like?

There is a new "Complete Pack" on Steam for $99 which includes Left 4 Dead plus everything else in the Orange Box.

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/1134/

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »

what about like an oblivion-ish game?  nice and time consuming (already killed fallout 3, save the big titles for the big tv and sound hehe)

might have to go browse the pc game isle first. try some demos, im so lost with the new card names and processors n shit. console gaming really drew me over.  

maybe some RTS? not sure if i can run that war game on here * forgot the name* doh!

throwingks

• Archived User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

commandersafi

• Archived User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »

If your looking for a cool RTS i would recommend playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11. Its loads of fun...

yaazz

• Archived User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

You can get the original half life for 99 cents today on steam! Not exactly a taxing game, but awesome nonetheless

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 17 2008, 05:48 PM) View Post

no heh, ive got crysis on my gaming rig. i was actually thinking of company of heroes.

i was thkning bout getting command and conquer 3 red alert. or just get some first person shooter i havnt played on the 360...

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »

picked up spore yesterday, pretty fun, alot deeper then i thought it would be. definatly a work time waster!

bucko

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »

Nice looks a bit bling blink.gif but good features.

I will never buy an expensive laptop again, since my £800 laptop broke 2 months outa of warranty, nada couldn't do anything, sold it on Ebay for spares for £30.

So my advice is to keep it cool as you can, don't put it on the carpet or bed, always have it on a flat surface. And consider getting or making a laptop cooler. Yours is well more powerful than mine was, and I think mine just melted away the GPU.

I stick to PC's now, more expandability but I'm considering getting a net book, since I miss Wifi, my Uni has free wifi all over the campus but I haven't used it yet.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »

bah, 17", i got one last year, i regret it. i wish i had gotten a smaller one now.
i want a 14.1" hp now...

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »

we have leased small dells at work that we can carry around if were on call so i didnt need something small.  my goal was to get a beast to do some gaming on at work =)  899 was a cheap laptop for me. haha, i was considering some alienware rigs before i snagged this one. i couldnt find anything close to what this one has for the price,

and yes its got a little bling haha. i think thats why it was on sale. doesnt bother me though =)

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Got New Laptop
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 03:28:00 AM »

remember how i wanted a 14.1" hp?...
well... i got a 13.3" dell m1330 xps..
2.4 ghz core 2 duo... 320 gig hd.... 4 gig of ram.... nvidia 8600m gs... ..
i love it! i love having bluetooth now and im digging my slot loading drive tongue.gif