xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox As A Backup Machine.  (Read 42 times)

The Prankster

• Archived User
Xbox As A Backup Machine.
« on: February 03, 2020, 08:49:00 PM »

Hey, I have UnleashX as my dashboard, I'm pretty all set with the prosthetics of the situation. I have gotten Acronis True Image Home to connect to it and start backing it up to F\Computer Backup\MyBackup.tib. It got finished and the file size was a meesely 337mb or something like that. I figured it was because of the format differences between NTFS and FATx, I was wondering if there is a way to get an NTFS partition on the xbox, as my F partition. It's an 80gb drive. I know that it won't save all the file permissions + properties in the xbox format from NTFS, so that might have something to do with the fact that it didn't work. Is there any way this is possible? I could back it up just to my HDD on my computer, and then transfer it to the F drive, but the file permission would still all be lost. Maybe I'm wrong, I think I am, I'm actually pretty sure that would work. I'm gonna try that tomorrow maybe. If I have to, I guess I could put linux on it, if it could support NTFS. I'm probably shooting in the dark here, doubting this is possible, but it's worth an ask.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by The Prankster: Today, 04:53 AM