xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Removing Office Passwords  (Read 33 times)

heinrich

• Archived User
Removing Office Passwords
« on: March 26, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »

I just started a new position at work, and unfortunately for me, the woman who I am replacing had decided it was a good idea to password protect a large number of office files (mostly excel spreadsheets), which is leaving in a shitty situation.  Does anyone know of a -good- free program to crack these?  I hoping (and guessing) that she would have used 1 password for all the files, so I only need to do this once.  If no free programs exist, does anyone have any experience with any program that will do the job?

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

Free trial only cracks passwords up to 4 characters long so it's rather useless, but for $50, it should help you with Word & Excel passwords. . . Click Me

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

woo hoo.. nevermind, her password was "protect".  God I hated that woman...

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

How'd you figure that out so quickly?  blink.gif

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »

I found a program that gave me the first 2 characters, p, r.  Unfortunately, the company I work for begins with P & R, which got me guessing for a while.  Another program trial cracked the password in a few seconds, gave me the first letter (oh boy), but also gave me the # of chars.  A minutes of staring and at the screen, and I guess I just got lucky.  biggrin.gif