xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Looking For A Nice New Mobo  (Read 100 times)

awal

• Archived User
Looking For A Nice New Mobo
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

how did you get the processor free?

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »

My mom works for intel... they do this bonus thing every year, and it used to be a new computer and printer... but then it started working its way down to processors. But hey, i dont mind  happy.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 06:26:00 AM »

Damn, Nice deal and set up you got there.  How can I get my mom a job? smile.gif

And A floppy Drive???? haha Who the hell still uses Flopy drives.. aren't those for saving games on your sega saturn  tongue.gif

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(EverestX @ Jul 18 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

Damn, Nice deal and set up you got there.  How can I get my mom a job? smile.gif

And A floppy Drive???? haha Who the hell still uses Flopy drives.. aren't those for saving games on your sega saturn  tongue.gif

Hey man, I use a floppy drive, its better than any security system on my computer cause anyone 'leet' enough that wants to break into my computer and steal stuff wouldnt have a floppy drive. So I'm good.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

I shall masterb8 over your photo after tea and coffee.

Btw  Can you get my mom a job?

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Jul 18 2006, 11:30 AM) View Post

I shall masterb8 over your photo after tea and coffee.

Btw  Can you get my mom a job?

Screw your mom.  (wait that didn't sound right.)  Get me a job! tongue.gif

ZootLou

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 05:49:00 AM »

I really like Abit, been using different ones over the years with no problems, great for overclocking. Asus is good though too.

Here's a tasty one for that cpu. It's around $170 at zipzoomfly. It'll run the ram you want plus faster.

AW8D Motherboard specs

Intel® 975X / Intel® ICH7R Express Chipset, designed for Intel Pentium 4 LGA775 processors with1066/800MHz FSB. Support Intel Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition & Intel Pentium® D Processor with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology. Dual PCI-Express X16 slots (Dual ATI CrossFire VGA cards), ABIT µGuru™ Technology, Silent OTES™ Technology and AudioMAX™ Technology.

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

P5N32-SLI Deluxe
-Since bios: 0310

That's the board I am with. The other boards I have hear limited reviews on but that p5's been oc'd a good deal. The above board is cool but it's a ati lean board.. More cross fire, which I am a ATI fanboy all the way, but currently they are slacking big.  So I say go with an SLI mobo this time around.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

You could wait 3 weeks and get a new board that will be a bit more future proof, like supporting the conroe. Just got my conroe (core 2 duo) and it kicks the crap out of everything but your processor at the moment. This winter/q1 07 intel will be releasing the quad core conroe and these boards will almost certainly compatible.

awal

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

^^should have gone with the extreme...