xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My Current Completely Watercooled Super Pc  (Read 424 times)

Dano2k0

• Archived User
My Current Completely Watercooled Super Pc
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

I didn't ever see the copper version of it when i got mine, but yeah i do belive it was nickle plated with a blue cover over it. Having said that it did have a very big heavy copper base and copper bar sections running up to the fins. Considering it was just a heatsink (obviously a large one) it did a decent job, the best way to get max performance out of these is to have a couple of good intake fans and some good exhaust fans or the heat stays in the case and warms everything else up also, not exactlly something you want.

But my god, your fan must sound like your computer is literally going to take off and flay around the room  blink.gif  How much CFM is that pushing? I'm abit curious now.

For the vapochill above i'm doing i'm using 120mm AKASA amber fans, they are only around 17DB each, running a lower voltage will also bring it down further and they push some decent CFM aswell.

The phase i'm doing is also going to be watercooled, so basically, HDD's, graphics card, mobo etc etc will all the watercooled with a nice big radiator aswell, and the CPU will be cooled by the phase changer. The radiator i'm using is a big 120mm tripple so yeah everything should be nice and cool.

When you say how much did it run me i assume you mean cost wise, well i live in the UK and they aren't so easy to get hold of over here, i got it second hand and it was in a real mess when i got it, i paid £200 shipped for it, which wasn't such a bad price, i got a mobo and CPU included aswell.

As you can see per my picture ive cut out the original vents that went all the way accross the front, filled them in and fitted a wind tunnel, the akasa amber fan will fit right behind there and it will kind of have a 'jet engine' look to it, i'm also doing many more mods to this, i just used that pic as a show point.

As for OC's in one of my machines ive got a Athlon XP-Mobile 3000+ chip and i'm running it in ABIT NF7-S watercooled and its overclocked to 2.8GHZ so thats like a 600MHZ overclock, however the voltage core is running pretty high at just over 2v not all too bad considering though. Using the phase changer i'm going to be using another XP chip aswell, hoping to achieve somewhere around a GHZ + overclock as i have done in the past.

Anyway sorry for hijacking and talking about various PC's and equipment but hey this PC chat is pretty good and interesting to talk about this stuff, aswell as talking about other rigs.  love.gif

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

*looks at whimpy AC 64 freezer pro* Im feeling more depressed becuase I dont have enough money for water yet sleep.gif But I must say it keeps my 3200+ at 2.98 @ 1.65v at 34C idle so its not all bad.

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

119CFM @ 56.4 Dba.   biggrin.gif   And yes, when I have all my fans turned to max, you can hear my PC about 20+ feet away in my house (Sounding like it is going to fly away).

I really never rock it at that speed, cause, well it's fucking loud.  However when I am playing CSS or Hl2:Cinematic Mod with my stereo bumping I don't even notice it's on.. Wow I will be deaf in 10 years..

I do in fact plan to play with it and see if I try swapping my fan from pushing air through it to pulling if it will lower my temps, I think in the lower rps, it will not however I am beginning to think that 119cfm trying to cram through those tiny plates is causing friction and, possibly, raising my temps more than having the fan on pulling the air through with much less Friction..

Well I guess I will find out  jester.gif

Dano2k0

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 06:04:00 AM »

Haha mate, that sounds to me like overkill. Yeah your theory on trying to push too much air through could make the tempratures worse than if it were less air flowing through the heatsink and actually catching the heat from the fins and pushing it out the other side.

Personally i'd recommend getting something like an akasa amber series fan, i'm using 120mm fans of this type, and they are very good, nice and quiet and push plenty of air, operating at around 17DB and push 44.8CFM which considering the ammount of noise, thats a very reasonable ammount of air moved by these fans.

Also like you were saying pulling the air through instead of pushing it through will probably make quite a good difference, but still dragging too much air through may not make too much difference, i'd settle for something pushing abit less CFM and make it loads quieter than it currently is. tongue.gif

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

that's ridiculous xbxoexpert very nice pc

so if you dont work and you dont have rich parents? where do you get your money win the lotto?

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

maybe he fakes being homeless and begs for change on the streets everyday? blink.gif just rambling off ideas here....

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

he sells his body for pc components

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 21 2006, 12:29 PM) View Post

he sells his body for pc components

That's what I do biggrin.gif

I've got a Sempron

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

must not have what people are looking for then catty hehe

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »

Shit I will ho myself out for a few weeks for a pc like that..   Whatever you do send me the receipe and I will send you a new 7950 PCI-E card after my Pc is built!  I think it's a deal!

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

henmill

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

xboxexpert you so crazy

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

xboxexpert...... this is serious now, how the fuck do you have enough money to build a comp like that but no job, or rich parents? i mean ur not a crack dealer or shit like that.  but if you are i won't rat you out as long as you get me a comp like that.

henmill

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2006, 07:00:00 AM »

he's a mobster......or a straight up gangsta.  not sure which

basso4735

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(greenday54261 @ Aug 19 2006, 11:01 PM) View Post

Anyone else noticed he hasn't actually told us what that motherfucker cost? To repeat what the guy two above me said: Where the FUCK do you get the money for that? BTW, the picture of your car is broken.

yeah, that
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4