xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Cant Network My 2 Pc's  (Read 89 times)

BadNinja3

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« on: August 30, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

ok, ive looked around on google and everywhere, but i just cant get my computers to connect. i have to pc's. and a crossover cable.

i turned on one computer, enabled the connection, setup all the ip settings and stuff.  then i made sure both computers had the cable plugged in securely. and then i turned on the other computer(my desktop...the first is a laptop) and it said that there was a connection and that it received 100or something packets when i looked at the status of the connection. BTW im using winXP home edition.  but when i told the computer to view "my network places" and then pressed the "view workgroup computers" and it took a while, but then it showed the name of the workgroup if both of the computers. then i clicked on that icon. it took a while again, and it showed an icon for the shared files folder on my laptop so i clicked on that and it said i didnt have permission to view the files. then i tried the same thing with my laptop and the same problem occured.

can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

thanks

C o s m o

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

Go enable and re-enable sharing and your workgroup on both computers. that will ususally take care of the perm issues.. I have had that problem on and off over the years on my home network.

BuddyLeeX

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(EverestX @ Aug 30 2005, 10:06 PM)
Go enable and re-enable sharing and your workgroup on both computers. that will ususally take care of the perm issues.. I have had that problem on and off over the years on my home network.

chefelf

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

Moving to appropriate forum: PC Chat...

BadNinja3

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(BuddyLeeX @ Aug 30 2005, 02:02 PM)
If that doesnt work you might have to statically configure your IP settings on your computer. Make sure the net ids of the pc and xbox match, for example if the xbox is 192.168.100.x, the pc has to be 192.168.100.x, not 192.168.0.x

BuddyLeeX

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

double post sorry

BuddyLeeX

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

oh ok, enable Sharing and it should detect the other computer with the other gay protocols MS uses. Make sure they are in the same workgroup/domain.

BadNinja3

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(BuddyLeeX @ Aug 30 2005, 02:13 PM)
oh ok, enable Sharing and it should detect the other computer with the other gay protocols MS uses. Make sure they are in the same workgroup/domain.

EverestX

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

blink.gif **

BadNinja3

• Archived User
I Cant Network My 2 Pc's
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

ok. im not sure how i did it exactly but i connected them and moved like 4gigs of games. i tried alot of stuff so im not gonna change anything.

but i didnt see my laptop files on the network or workgroup...whatever.  so how do i join a workgroup and put files on it. i have folders that are already shared so i thought that those would show up but they didnt. and thanks everyone