xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gaming System Help  (Read 193 times)

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

sad.gif.. i cant believe that either.. the DFI has been called the best motherboard period by more then 4 different review sites.. and the price difference is < $30...

but whatever.. tis your money.. wink.gif

did you even look at benchmarks?

http://graphics.toms...ml#3d_mark_2005

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »

Mine was the best they had there that fit pci express and can run dual monitors.
Well all I have to get now is some memory and my 4 hdds.  Any brand recomended for 250gb?  I wish I had enough money to do the hitachi 500gb, almost 2Tb of space would rule!

Viper16

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »

Just to let you know that you can actually get 200 gb hdd's for about 8-15 bucks more as compared to some 160gb at newegg. just FYI.

Still don't know exactly what you bought though cuz it says in your sig that WIP is different from what you actually bought, so what is it man?? Just wondering.

Not that i'm gonna get upset just would still like to know another gaming rig so i can get input for my future computer or others computers.

Degalle

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Aug 16 2005, 10:41 PM)
Mine was the best they had there that fit pci express and can run dual monitors.

Viper16

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

That's a not to bad card, but it's only a 128mb card the other did have 256mb. True yours has GDDR3 instead of ddr memory type, and sli support but what good would that do if he only has one pci-e on his mobo true that he could upgrade or if he had bought a dual pci-e mobo but he didn't from what i understand. But i also don't truely understand sli i thought it was only dual video cards and nothing more. So in the end i think it wasn't a to bad video card he bought, and true yours is nice and each has different aspects.

But if he bought it then it's really to late anyways.

But hey good card anyways,
Degalle

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

you must be blind... the "best they had" wtf?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814168001

Was that nescassary, I said that mine was the best they had there, not newegg.  For a price I could afford.  I know theres probably alot better cards for the same or even less money but this was the best they had where I went that could still run on my mobo.

But if he bought it then it's really to late anyways.

Well if I do see one thats alot better and cheaper, I can take this one back because i haven't opened it and I kept the receipt.

Viper16

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »

Well if I do see one thats alot better and cheaper, I can take this one back because i haven't opened it and I kept the receipt.

True but personnally i would be happy with what i would get now, but i guess if you do find one for cheaper and better then i guess more power to you but in the end it is your decision.

Goodluck,
Degalle

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

New question.  Do I have to use all 4 SATA plugs when I do RAID, or can I just do like two hard drives and leave the other two plugs open?

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Aug 17 2005, 08:18 PM)
Was that nescassary, I said that mine was the best they had there, not newegg.  For a price I could afford.  I know theres probably alot better cards for the same or even less money but this was the best they had where I went that could still run on my mobo.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Viper16 @ Aug 17 2005, 02:16 PM)
That's a not to bad card, but it's only a 128mb card the other did have 256mb. True yours has GDDR3 instead of ddr memory type, and sli support but what good would that do if he only has one pci-e on his mobo true that he could upgrade or if he had bought a dual pci-e mobo but he didn't from what i understand. But i also don't truely understand sli i thought it was only dual video cards and nothing more. So in the end i think it wasn't a to bad video card he bought, and true yours is nice and each has different aspects.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

Allright, well I'm taking the video card back and using that money to buy hard drives cuz I dug up an old computer around the house and took the memory out of it and a crappy video card, I want to set this thing up soon so thats what I'll use untill i can buy more memory and a better video card.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Aug 18 2005, 06:37 PM)
Allright, well I'm taking the video card back and using that money to buy hard drives cuz I dug up an old computer around the house and took the memory out of it and a crappy video card, I want to set this thing up soon so thats what I'll use untill i can buy more memory and a better video card.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Gaming System Help
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »

Well I'm gonna go with the geforce 6600gt.
The case I'm using is a Skyhawk psr something something something...
It's the one with the sliding door to cover dive bays or the digital clock on the front.
Pages: 1 [2]