xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Firefox 1.0 Final W00t W00t !  (Read 92 times)

EgoX

• Archived User
Firefox 1.0 Final W00t W00t !
« on: November 10, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

There isn't a browser to touch this, if you haven't tried it yet what are you waiting for?

EgoX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »

which O.S. and mouse are you using?

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 01:15:00 AM »

Why can't I get my mouse wheel button to open up links in a new tab??

same problem here.  using XP sp2 with 5-button optical generic.

Spency234

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Splinter

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »

I have 2 Logitech wireless opticals hooked up now. one old one with batteries, and one MX700. When the new one chrages, i use the old one. I have had any little glitches with the software over they years. Many times I have had to go into the mouse properties and just pretend to chnege something, and it would work again.

I have been using Mozilla for over a year now. except for some sites not working, I liked it much more than IE. With IE i ran 2-3 helper apps, and mozilla had all the functions and more built in. i have periodically tried FireFox. I never liked it enough to keep. there were just too many things missing from Mozilla that I liked. Today i got the final release, and I like it a lot. There are only a few things missing tht I liked, but many more things in it that I now like. I have downloaded MANY extensions. i love how they check for updates themselves. Only problem is some  say they are for version 1.0 and then come up and say no, so you have to do a little tweak to get them to work.

i had to DL a different theme for it to make WindowBlinds skin it well, so now it looks sweet. Although not listed on the official extension site, i found that the old Mozilla googlebar has been updated for FireFox, so now that is installed too. i like its added functions compared with the built in search box in Firefox.

People should really try this. there is an extension that lets you right click a link and open it in IE for the small number of pages that don't work well in it, like window's update page. if you have not tried tab browsing before, you will never want to go back. At least get myIE2 if not a mozialla browser. I love tabbed browsing. i usually havee 3-4 tabs up at once. In the morning I just click a bookmark and it opens up a groups of sites together. Mozialla was good, and this is even better. there is a ton of user support and extension creation. Its a bit like the Xbox mod scene with many people making things for it. i think there are 120+ extension working now, and many more will be updated soon to work with version 1.0.

yetieater

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

smile.gif

Splinter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

yeah, before I'd just sorted them in the manager. The bookmarks are one of the first things i check out in new browsers. I like to be able to easily sort or move things without going into a whole menu screen. There is no "File Bookmark" like in Mozilla which just bookmarked the page in the root folder automatically. So you have to bookmark it and just not pick a folder for it to go into.

I also didn't like the lack of a new tab button in the tab bar, but I customized the buttons and added one, and got an extension that added some things too. The extensions are great. In mozilla I had all kinds of crazy things that I never used, but I liked to have. I saw FireFox has a z-machine extension to play the old text based games. I recently got a stand alone program for that though and started playing on it. I have a weather forcast in my status bar now.

I read in one of the official forums that many of the other extensions are being updated. So there will be a lot more soon i guess.