xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Computer Specs Update And A Post On The  (Read 276 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
My Computer Specs Update And A Post On The
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

fuck, maybe i dont have enough for doom 3, i didnt factor in the shipping cost

damn, what to do now

mcmikemc

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »

If you were not limited to 2 games, Doom 3 is a must have, especially on your new rig. But you said you are getting only 2 games. That’s why I posted what I did.

Half Life 1: for Counter Strike ( the most popular online FPS in the world )

Call of Duty: The most immersive game I have ever played, I felt like a Russian solder at Stalin Grad, plus it is very popular online. And its made by old Medal of Honor devs.

The Max Payne games ( 1 & 2 ): Great 3rd person shooters

Medal of Honor games: 2nd only to Call of Duty

Pain Killer: Old school style shooter ( I.E. Doom 1 &2, Duke Nukem ) with awesome graphics.

I like the Serious Sam games as well. They were $20 the day they came out which means you can get them cheap now. There is nothing like having literally 100+ bad guys coming at you all at once and having to kill them all. I still play those games every 4-6 months.

But if I was on a desert island w/ a cable modemand could have only 2 games it would have to be UT2004 and Half Life.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

hmm, half life one?

wasnt there like a bunch of expansion packs for that game? because everytime i see it in stores it always comes with like 5 different half life games

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »

well, i guess ill invest in half life and wait for doom 3 some other time

what version of half life do i want

do i want to get the original, plain titled "half life" or do i want to get a half life with an add-on name (like "half life- counter strike")???

thanks

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (therebelious1 @ Aug 24 2004, 10:19 AM)
do you have rear speakers?
if so you might want to scratch UT2004, and invest in a pack of adult daipers and some medical marijuana to calm you down after playing D3

rotfl.gif

mcmikemc

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ Aug 24 2004, 06:21 PM)
well, i guess ill invest in half life and wait for doom 3 some other time

what version of half life do i want

do i want to get the original, plain titled "half life" or do i want to get a half life with an add-on name (like "half life- counter strike")???

thanks

Well as of writing this Counter Strike is still a free mod for Half Life. So I would say get the cheapest NEW copy you can. In order to play CS on the net you must use Valve's Steam service ( free ) which would require you to have a CD-Key that nobody has ever used. So you must make sure you have a new copy.

NewEgg.com has Half Life for $19.99

mcmikemc

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (xFusioNx @ Aug 24 2004, 07:23 PM)
Actually if you buy the valve premier pack you get every game they have that spawned off of half life, not to mention access to the Counter Strike: Source beta that runs on the HL2 engine.

I got my access to the CS: Source beta from buying my 9800 way back when it had the HL2 free card in it. If you own one of those you get it for free on steam and the entire premier pack. Can't beat that.

The only reason to buy that pack you talk of is for the CS: Source Beta since by owning Half Life you already get access to everything but Blue Shift and Opposing Forces.

P.S. I am in the Beta too. My Steam screen name is Everyone_Above_Me_Cheats toss me a message if you want to get your arse handed to you.

mcmikemc

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (xFusioNx @ Aug 24 2004, 10:12 PM)
Which is exactly what I said if you would've read my post:

you get every game they have that spawned off of half life, not to mention access to the Counter Strike: Source beta

So the two expansions are worth that.

Also handing my ass to me is an exaggeration. I'm not good, but not by any means bad at CS.

I hadn't played for 2 years until I got the Source Beta and I'm still in top 5 usually when I play.

That is not exactly what you said in your post. Maybe you should stop being so defensive and read my post and your post again.

In your post you did not clarify the fact that the only 3 things that are beneficial about the valve premier pack compared to the retail copy of Half Life is the fact that you gain access to Blue Shift, Opposing Forces and CS: Source. I was clarifying that since there is a member of XS (67thRaptorBull ), and maybe more, that is thinking of paying money for Half Life and the more information he has the better prepared he will be to spend his money.

You seem to have taken my post way to seriously.

"So the two expansions are worth that. "
This is a matter of opinion. How do you know that is the opinion of 67thRaptorBull? Some people would rather save money than have 2 expansion packs to a game that they will never play.

You wrote: "Also handing my ass to me is an exaggeration."
How do you know this? Have you ever played me? Are you sponsored? It seems somebody has some delusions of grandeur and does not know when somebody is playing around.

Now maybe I was wrong and you where just trolling instead of taking my post way to seriously. I don’t know and I don’t care.

Go ahead and reply with some type of defense to your post. I am sure I will get a quick laugh out of what ever you come up with.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

is battlefield vietnam a whole new series in the game, or is it an expansion pack type upgrade for the game?

because what its down to now is either get battlefield vietnam or dont get any games for a while

i was looking through my games, and i have Farcry, UT2004, Halo, BF:1942, AVP and Call of Duty i still have to play (the only game ive touched in the last week is BF:1942)

so should i wait awhile to get some more games, or is it worth getting Battlefield Vietnam and be done with it till christmas??

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

sad.gif  )

and painkiller <-- now THATS a fun ass game, test out the demos available at the official site (below)

http://www.painkille....com/index2.php

if i were you, i would get

_> Battlefield Vietnam (Awesome Fun!) <_ wide open space, strategic thinking, awesome multiplayer up to 64 people
_> Painkiller (awesome graphics/music) <_ FUN also, funner than doom 3 as your not bound by a ceiling

edit: yes bfv is a whole new game, not an expansion

mcmikemc

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (xFusioNx @ Aug 25 2004, 12:27 AM)
Uh...

Ok. I think you're the one who is delusional. I flat out said I wasnt that good. You said TO ME that you would hand my ass to me. How the fuck do you know?

Oh and for someone who hasn't played the game before, the two expansions are worth it because they'll get more out of it.

Oh well.

"Uh....."

I bet you have been saying that allot throughout life.

"Ok. I think you're the one who is delusional. I flat out said I wasnt that good. You said TO ME that you would hand my ass to me. How the fuck do you know? "

1) I know I am delusional when it comes to certain things in life.

2) I don't know if I would "hand your arse to you". If you still can't tell that I was joking you are a very dense or an overly defensive person. After reading your response I believe it is a little of both.

"Oh and for someone who hasn't played the game before, the two expansions are worth it because they'll get more out of it. "

You logic has one BIG flaw that you fail to see. That flaw is that you are making assumptions in your logic. The first assumption that you make is that he will even play Half Life. How do you know that he is not going to only play CS or some other online only mod? I am not saying he will, but how do you know?

The second assumption that you make is that if he plays Half Life he will like it. Your second assumption is entirely dependant on the first assumption being true. In order for your logic to work out both of the assumption you have made would have to hold true and you don't know that they will.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (mcmikemc @ Aug 24 2004, 09:22 PM)
"Uh....."

I bet you have been saying that allot throughout life.

"Ok. I think you're the one who is delusional. I flat out said I wasnt that good. You said TO ME that you would hand my ass to me. How the fuck do you know? "

1) I know I am delusional when it comes to certain things in life.

2) I don't know if I would "hand your arse to you". If you still can't tell that I was joking you are a very dense or an overly defensive person. After reading your response I believe it is a little of both.

"Oh and for someone who hasn't played the game before, the two expansions are worth it because they'll get more out of it. "

You logic has one BIG flaw that you fail to see. That flaw is that you are making assumptions in your logic. The first assumption that you make is that he will even play Half Life. How do you know that he is not going to only play CS or some other online only mod? I am not saying he will, but how do you know?

The second assumption that you make is that if he plays Half Life he will like it. Your second assumption is entirely dependant on the first assumption being true. In order for your logic to work out both of the assumption you have made would have to hold true and you don't know that they will.

take this to another thread, ahhhh

your clouding mine sad.gif

and dietrite, i just got BFV on ebay
beerchug.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

i also just bought the original, game of the year edition of Half Life

so once i get it running, i can download counter strike, and other expansion packs for half life off the internet for free??

is counterstrike the only good expansion pack??
Pages: 1 [2]