WOW ???

My brain hurts after reading that.

wft?!?!?!?!?

mcmikemc

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Physick @ Aug 1 2004, 05:32 AM)
After being on IGN and seeing hundreds of screenshots from people with Doom 3 its not that great.  Even on high quality the textures are blurry and the models are low poly.  I have seen better graphics or the same playing Riddick.  Seriously I looked close and there are some dirt ugly textures in Doom 3 on High Quality.  Doesnt mean that its not great though.

LOL laugh.gif

LOL laugh.gif  

LOL jester.gif

If you really think Ridick has better textures or equal texture quality than Doom 3 you are:

1) Jealous that you don't have a PC powerful enough to play it, so you are lying to yourself to lessen the anger you have because you can’t play it at 640x480 .

2) Wearing glasses or contacts and you need to get a new prescription, or maybe you’re legally blind and you are viewing the screen shots on a brail machine ( Wow those bumps are sharper than the other bumps ).

3) Only looking at screen shots taken from a 320x240 movie of Doom 3.

4) Looking at nothing but the screen shots taken from the Xbox version of Doom 3 ( we are talking about the PC version because it comes out next week, not the Xbox version )

5) Just a moron that has no clue what you are talking about and your just typing out of your arse.

6) Any combination of the above reasons.

Now after reading the above possible reasons you typed that BS and you still think the PC version of Doom 3 has textures that are equal to or eclipsed by the textures of Ridick you should go ahead and get a job at Burger King. The more experience you get now the easier it will be when you are 40 and have to use the calculator to determine my change.

mcmikemc

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

Well I decided to go to IGN and look at the screen shot section of the PC version of Doom 3. I noticed that some of the images were kind of small and looked like arse.

Some of these smaller screen shots said at the bottom that they were Xbox screen shots. I checked the resolution of the smaller crapy images and they were all 640x480, even the ones that did not say "Xbox version".

I can not prove this but from the evidence I have gathered I would bet a few grand that all of the crappy screen shots where of the Xbox version or taken from a PC with all settings turned all the way down.

I will admit the smaller screen shots looked worse than Riddick but anybody that says the larger Doom 3 screen shots at ign.com look worse than or equal to Riddick is just crazy.

And I will be the first one to admit that it cost allot to have a nice rig to run Doom 3 in the higher settings. I went to college so I could make money so when times like this arrive I could drop a few grand on a new PC or video card. So the whole money issue does not matter to me.

BlackAdam

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (mcmikemc @ Jul 31 2004, 03:41 PM)
I have tried to read more on this and keep coming back to the Alienware SLI configuration. If you have any links that talks about the load balancing your talking about I would really like to see them.

Everything I find says nothing at all about the load balancing, just half screen rendering for each of the 2 cards..

Look, let's call the Alienware configuration Video Array, cause that's what its name is. The Nvidia configuration is SLI. Video Array does 50/50... while SLI does load balancing.

http://www.hardocp.c...e.html?art=NjMz

"This is how the new Scalable Link Interface technology works between both GPUs. As you can see these cards are NOT rendering even or odd lines, they are in fact rendering whole sections of the screen at a time. In this picture it looks like one card is rendering three fourths of the screen while the other card is doing one fourth of the screen. NVIDIA has a dynamic load balancing logic that will assign each card even workloads rather than simply splitting the screen into equal size portions. The load balanced image is then put together for you on your display."

markmc2k4

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

So has anyone played it yet? I see the net is flodded with them.

mcmikemc

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (BlackAdam @ Aug 2 2004, 12:24 AM)
Look, let's call the Alienware configuration Video Array, cause that's what its name is. The Nvidia configuration is SLI. Video Array does 50/50... while SLI does load balancing.

http://www.hardocp.c...e.html?art=NjMz

"This is how the new Scalable Link Interface technology works between both GPUs. As you can see these cards are NOT rendering even or odd lines, they are in fact rendering whole sections of the screen at a time. In this picture it looks like one card is rendering three fourths of the screen while the other card is doing one fourth of the screen. NVIDIA has a dynamic load balancing logic that will assign each card even workloads rather than simply splitting the screen into equal size portions. The load balanced image is then put together for you on your display."

Thanks for the link man. I will be reading it either tonight or tomorrow at lunch.

I did glance over it and saw load balancing from time to time so your probaly right. This is something I have always wanted. I am going to start saving up for a new system because now my 6800 GT seems very crappy now.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »

wink.gif

Now to go to bed (and send the kid to bed too, as he's been watching me play.)

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 02:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Aug 2 2004, 06:44 AM)
Well, I must say, this is a pretty awesome game. Radeon 9800 Pro w/ P4 2.6ghz (800mhz FSB, Hyperthreading) 1GB RAM...

Very impressive so far. wink.gif

Now to go to bed (and send the kid to bed too, as he's been watching me play.)

beerchug.gif Agreed , this is a great game ! Playn' for the past few hours myself  love.gif

---DGP---

Xboxman20

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

hahaha ive been playing doom 3 or 2 hours today

Xboxman20

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

BlackAdam

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »

I had to turn the game off... I'm not afraid to admit that I was scared shit-less. I had the lights off, audio pumped up through the headphones... never want to do that again.

lebriznon

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (BlackAdam @ Aug 3 2004, 12:23 AM)
I had to turn the game off... I'm not afraid to admit that I was scared shit-less. I had the lights off, audio pumped up through the headphones... never want to do that again.

yeah...im always paranoid something is going to popup out of nowhere so i go nice and slow...so when it does...I still get my ass kicked and see that nice red GAME OVER screen  dry.gif
great game though.  same feel as the original doom and doom2 back in the day.

BombProofPlane

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 12:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xboxman20 @ Aug 3 2004, 08:17 AM)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Those are the best user posted images of doom 3 i have seen.  I was starting to be afraid it didn't look like the id screenshots.

So whats under the hood (you got a hemi haha)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »

I'm playing on a crippled Gef3 card and it still look magnificient.

They did a bang up job.

Now I gotta go and get a new card just to see it in all it's glory.

Mr. Blonde

• Archived User
Doom 3
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

sad.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4