xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Longhorn! Os  (Read 546 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (gunner6666 @ May 11 2004, 03:51 PM)
i agree ,also i think people who tolerated ms wont after this and ms will kiss there sweet ass goodbye

And as Linux distros become increasingly user friendly, there will be alternatives for less technical users. Mandrake 10 and the new Fedora core are VERY easy to install. And you don't have to pay ANYTHING.

chefelf

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (Raver758 @ May 8 2004, 01:59 AM)
dude its Longhron why would they make a whole new os when one's coming out 2006 2 years. There not going to spend millions just to make a os for 1 year..

Ever heard of Windows ME?  rolleyes.gif

yaazz

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

Fucking ME, when I bought my computer, the stores had just recived their shipments of ME, so they installed it on my PC for no extra charge.......

chefelf

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

unsure.gif

I feel bad for everyone that bought a PC in that 6-8 month span where all new PCs were coming with ME on them.  What a piece of crap that OS is.

nemt

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

There's nothing really wrong with Windows Me if you know what you're doing.  It fixed a lot of problems SP2 didn't.

buttface96

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ May 8 2004, 06:28 AM)
longhorn is gonna blow if ms does every thing they want to to it...

first, they want you pay monthly for your os
second, they want to install "digital rights managment" (spyware) low level into the os
third, they want to make it so games boot from rom, instead of installing

oh yes, these are things they are just pondering, even so, i'm switching to linux if even one of these happen (except maybe the third)

If M$ seriously does that, i might switch to MAC, and i hate the crap outa macs.

chefelf

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ May 11 2004, 07:24 PM)
There's nothing really wrong with Windows Me if you know what you're doing.  It fixed a lot of problems SP2 didn't.

Well that's the problem.  Most people don't know what they're doing.

I run a computer consulting business and do on-site service for customers.  Let me tell you that the layperson when left alone seems to get much more screwed up with ME than with 98.  Granted, this is mostly due to user errors but an OS should just offer a little more stability than ME does.

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ May 11 2004, 03:24 PM)

nemt, ingorant, nemt

do you realize how bad me is? no you dont. have you even used it extendedly? no?

thought so.

every time i shut down my computer with me on it, it would get bsod,  i had to reinstall my comp every 2 months , to prevent on boot bsod.

that is how bad it is

nemt

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ May 11 2004, 07:41 PM)
every time i shut down my computer with me on it, it would get bsod,  i had to reinstall my comp every 2 months , to prevent on boot bsod.

that is how bad it is

Ever think maybe it's due to user error?

I've used Windows Me very much, and I've had very few problems with it.  Much fewer than previous version of Windows.

Just because you can't figure out an operating system doesn't mean those who can are ignorant, then again, you're a firefox user, how smart can you be?

EDIT: chefelf, your post may have been the most insightful I've read as to the nature of users' anger with MS.

chefelf

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ May 11 2004, 07:56 PM)
EDIT: chefelf, your post may have been the most insightful I've read as to the nature of users' anger with MS.

Thank you.  But don't get me wrong.  I don't want to take all the blame off of MS but I do think that the vast majority of users don't know what they're doing.  Which is to be expected.  I'm a tech guy so I see that.  I'm sure my mechanic thinks I don't know what I'm doing with my car... and he's probably right.  wink.gif

[CHEFELF'S OPINION]
MS still has its problems.  Windows 3.1 sucked tremendously.  95 was an improvement and a step in the right direction.  98 was released too soon... should have had more improvements.  ME was a disaster and a last minute attempt for MS to squeeze some more money out of customers... it is really no more than Windows 98 Third Edition... the driver support took FOREVER to get going and it is just way too glitchy.  2000 was a HUGE improvement and I believe that XP took that idea and ran with it.  XP is, IMHO, the best operating system MS has come up with yet.  I really hope Longhorn continues along with the direction XP headed in.  I don't like that the Future File System idea is being abandoned.  That was the most exciting and innovative idea I've heard from MS in a long long time.
[/CHEFELF'S OPINION]

nemt

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (gunner6666 @ May 11 2004, 08:42 PM)
i hope longhorn is better but if its a mounthly fee screw it. linux here i come(no mac my email is applesucks at hotmail dot com guess why tongue.gif )

You're way to stupid to be successful with Linux.

...maybe Red Hat...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

no lots of people have problems like that, plus driver compatabilty went down the shitter, etc..

btw... fire fox? yeah...

nemt

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ May 11 2004, 08:56 PM)
no lots of people have problems like that, plus driver compatabilty went down the shitter, etc..

btw... fire fox? yeah...

Lots of people are idiots who don't know anything about computers.  XP is the greatest thing to happen to them since that SUPER HANDY gator utility.  Everyone I know downloads crap without thinking twice, and their PCs still seem to work fine.  Just because Me required a little more effort to maintain doesn't mean it was a terrible OS, it was just terrible for idiots.

nemt

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (gunner6666 @ May 11 2004, 09:04 PM)
maybe you should keep your lame comments to your self

Post here for more than a week then see if I care, asshole.

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Longhorn! Os
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (gunner6666 @ May 11 2004, 05:11 PM)
someone needs a chill pill

indeed

oh yeah, after about a year, i wiped  me off my hdd and went back to 98se... suprise, suprise there were no problems
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4