xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My Computer Simply Won't Start  (Read 345 times)

LESTAT

• Archived User
My Computer Simply Won't Start
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2004, 01:45:00 AM »

no ntfs wont make a difference, its XP  or rather the NT Kernel.
im assuming you mean AOL or do you mean the modem drivers. ?

which aol are you trying to install ?
and MANY poeple dont realise it but there is another world out there without AOL, just open your Yellow pages and look up internet,  youll see other ISP's.
i cant stress enough, thru the years of technical support, AOL has caused more troubles than any software i have seen, along from Weatherbug, and WindowsME, and Pogo.com.
AOL is evil their software is Evil. and if many people would take the time to check their area's for things besides AOL, they would descover just how good the internet really is. cuz AOL isnt the internet,

and sorry didnt mean to insinuate you had no pc building skills but i kinda got that from the troubles you were having. my appologies.
but again, a hardware failure can and alot of time is, the main issue with really freaky issues.

good luck in getting your rig going, and, walk away from the aol disk, put it down and slowly back away.

fastTOE

• Archived User
My Computer Simply Won't Start
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

yea, im talking about AOL... its weird because i have aol on this computer and this computer has XP... but i don't know,.. i think you're right about switching to a new isp the only problem is im a broke ass college kid and my dad alredy has aol here, and i doubt he'll want to change and re-learn something,... you know... so im kinda stuck for now,... i think i just wont have internet on that computer....

oh and btw don't worry, i was not insulated...

thanks again all
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]