xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Winamp Tv  (Read 27 times)

nthingspecial

• Archived User
Winamp Tv
« on: January 22, 2004, 05:50:00 AM »

Can someone explain to me how to get winamp tv?

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Winamp Tv
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 06:21:00 AM »

Well I'm not specificly shur what your asking for.
Winamp version 5 includes the WinampTV feature, this is accessible from the file menu and the media library.
They limit the chanel list by the ratings you chouse when you first installed. By checking all the ratings in the prefence menu allows you to see all the current chanels.
The stream servers have a cap how many users can stream, so some "stations" may be unavalibile.
If you block the traffic of winamp accessing the web with a firewall, the media will not stream.

If you want to stream video, here is info on NSV. and shoutcast should stream as well.

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Winamp Tv
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

i love Winamp TV. There was a guy on there that was streaming his xbox activity onto Winamp TV. It was sweet to see.

nthingspecial

• Archived User
Winamp Tv
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

I can't get to my media library.. thats the problem.

When I go to "Internet TV" nothing happens.

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Winamp Tv
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

The first thing I would try is a reinstall of winamp 5. Download a fresh copy make shur it's the Full copy or better, lite does not include the new media library, and reinstall over it. That way it should keep any skins you may have.  
If it's still not working then check the Winamp Preferences -> Media Library and Winamp Preferences -> Media Library -> Internet Radio/TV.

nthingspecial

• Archived User
Winamp Tv
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

Thats what I did. I first restarted my computer.. then I installed it after figuring out that it was my copy of winamp.

Thanks