xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Virus Help Please  (Read 72 times)

socrates

• Archived User
Virus Help Please
« on: January 15, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

UNCLEAN!!! UUUNCLEEEAAAN!!!!!

socrates

• Archived User
Virus Help Please
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

man if i was in your shoes i would format but im not so i have no other advice for you....

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Virus Help Please
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Windows.exe well now thats a imagnitive name *takes notes for later* You can kill this file it's a fake.
The real windows executable was win.com but if your running XP/NT/2k you don't even have a win.com =^.^= Ecept a compabibility bit in system32.

Oh socrates if you were in his shoes then may I wear yours?
edit: Forgot the windows compadibility file in the system32 for win.com

metallica3512

• Archived User
Virus Help Please
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

If you got rid of all the remnants of the virus you still have to restore the exe command. If you did that then I guess you'll have to reformat.

Navigate to and open the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareClassesexefileshell opencommand

CAUTION: Do not inadvertently modify the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses.exe subkey. Changes made to that key can prevent the .exe files (program files) from running. Be sure to navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesexefileshell opencommand subkey, as shown in the following figure.

Double-click the (Default) value in the right pane.
Delete the current value data, and then type: "%1" %* (quote-percent-one-quote-space-percent-asterisk.)

NOTE: The Registry Editor will automatically enclose the value within quotation marks. When you click OK, the (Default) value should look exactly like this: ""%1" %*"

Make sure that you completely delete all the value data in the command key prior to typing the correct data. If you accidentally leave a space at the beginning of the entry, any attempt to run the program files will result in the error message, "Windows cannot find .exe." If this happens to you, then start over at the beginning of this document, making sure to completely remove the current value data.

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Virus Help Please
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

edit: nevermind =^.^=

socrates

• Archived User
Virus Help Please
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »

Oh socrates if you were in his shoes then may I wear yours?

Sorry guy but theres a long line up of people who want my shoes for one reason or another.......mostly cause they play music when i walk.