xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aim Profile Virus Problem Thingy  (Read 82 times)

thomes08

• Archived User
Aim Profile Virus Problem Thingy
« on: December 02, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »

Hey i have this message in my AIM profile at all times

"I can't believe I found %n Picture here
HAHAHA"

I get get rid of it but then everytime i sign off and back on it's there again and the other stuff in there is gone.  When people click on it then the sae thing happens to them.  
Have you guys heard of this and how do i get rid of it.

thanks a bunch!

thomes08

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »

bump it up!

drekkar

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 11:10:00 AM »

it's probably a link to a site which uses one of 32453248372 internet explorer exploits. Since you already have it, go trace it, and disassemble it.

most likely it copies itself to a certain registry that starts up with your computer.
without the actual exe, I cannot tell you exactly what it does, but I have a good guess...

go to start->run and type regedit

go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (check hkey_current_user too) -> software -> MS -> windows -> currentversion -> run

everything in there starts up with your comp

there is alot of other ways it could be starting up with your machine, but this is the most common way. If the creator is smart about it you might have to do a little more work, but the best way would be like I said to get the exe and have it tell you what it does smile.gif reverse engineering baby biggrin.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

thanks man i just figured out how to get rid of it.  It's not a virus just adware.  If anyone has it and wants to know how to get rid of it easily just let me know

thanks a lot

thomes08