xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird Pc Problem With Explorer.exe  (Read 242 times)

slayer_x

• Archived User
Weird Pc Problem With Explorer.exe
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 06:33:00 AM »

Look just boot up ur comp with the XP disc and then play around with some stuff but dont re formant ur hard drive maybe re installing windows will do it.

§

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 07:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (c-2 @ Dec 2 2003, 04:25 PM)
i wouldn't think u would have to reinstall .. using msconfig take out all the checks under the "Startup" tab then go to services and select the box at the bottom that sez "hide all MS.." .. then take out all that are left over .. that should fix damn near anything :]

tried this no look  sad.gif
I think i'm going to try the repair install thing... then if that doesn't work atm i have one 20gb hard drive and one 140gb hard drive in there so i will just reinstall on a different partion!!!

slayer_x

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 07:16:00 AM »

just boot up with windows xp or what ever os u have and then reinstall it on another partition or on the other drive just dont fromat ur drive it will delete it so if u want to just back up ur stuff either on a friends or on cd's <------- belive me i have. and install windows.

§

slayer_x

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2003, 07:16:00 AM »

just boot up with windows xp or what ever os u have and then reinstall it on another partition or on the other drive just dont fromat ur drive it will delete it so if u want to just back up ur stuff either on a friends or on cd's <------- belive me i have. and install windows.

Dagoth

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 05:09:00 AM »

try creating a new user profile (give the profile admistrator rights) and log onto that account & see if you get the same problems..

If it works Ok just transfer all your relevant profile data over to that account & disable the old one

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 05:13:00 AM »

same shit happened to me after windows last updated itself! try system restore, back to before you last updated!!

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

Well as you can see i am back  1  and a half weeks later... no one told me my winxp install disk had an ERORR!!!!
so i had no pc for that time and now i have to use a data recovery software to get back all my lost 'data'
Moral of the story:
Just stick with the problem!
Pages: 1 [2]