xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dreamcast Bba  (Read 245 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Dreamcast Bba
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »

which netlink games do you own?

I was going to try my saturn last night but the S-Video cable was wonky so I'll probably have to order a new one... I only have 1 s-Video cable and I don't have composite lines running to my projector.  sad.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
Dreamcast Bba
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

I have all the US netlink games (for anyone that doesn't know that's Daytona, Duke 3d, VO, Bomberman, and Sega Rally) including Daytona CCE, although it's only the Disc  mad.gif  boy did that take a minute to find!  And then I have several Jap Netlink games,  but from what I have read they will not work any more.. But that doesn't mean I'm not up to testing it smile.gif  

I looked through my stuff last night and couldn't find the netlink, I will have to go over to the Folks' house and see if it's not over there, regardless, I will buy one if I need to.  

Sucks about the Svideo cable, I need to pick one up myself, but I was waiting for the new Tv as my current only has RF in  laugh.gif\

Edit: With a Projector like that I'd hope you wouldn't  run Composite to it!

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Dreamcast Bba
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »

unfortunately I wont be able to play any NetLink games on a VOIP phone  sad.gif

it seems that the voice data is heavily compressed for voice and drops bits all over the place, as a result it just can't handle data communication.

it would seem that it can't handle fax data either, but some VOIP systems have a special protocol for fax where it uses a different kind of compressions, this doesn't work either because it's designed to work specifically with fax protocols  dry.gif

So... no NetLink for me.

The only possibility I can think of is if someone were to write a PC application to talk directly to the netlink adapter, and use the PCs for communication... that's far beyond the scope of my programming knowledge though.  sad.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
Dreamcast Bba
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »

Well isn't that a  mad.gif .  Sorry to hear man, that sucks too as I was looking into going VoiP for long distance..  they either bend you over one direction or the other I guess. Oh well, I haven't been able to find my Netlink at my parents house so I will be ordering another.  Thank you again so very much for pointing me toward the Netlink League though.

EverestX

• Archived User
Dreamcast Bba
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »

twistedsymphony,  I certainly owe you a beer or 2.  I recieved my replacement Netlink and have successfully played against my cousin who is local.  Thank you a billion times over.  

Also, I have to admit that it's kind of a pain, both myself and my cousin have to remove our dsl line filters from the phone jack, then at that there is still noticable to Horrid lag and disconnect issues.  I have a feeling it has more to do with the DSL line noise being recieved by the modem, however the filters acctually filter too much.  Oh well, at I can play!

throwingks

• Archived User
Dreamcast Bba
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »

EverestX

• Archived User
Dreamcast Bba
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

As far as I can tell that wont work for what I am doing with the netlink,  I did not read the entire thing, however what I see as a glaring problem would be how to Dail into another modem with a phone number....  Thanks though, that is  a great guide for getting your DC back on line... well that is if you don't mind a modem in your PC hogging IRQ's.  THnx.
Pages: 1 [2]