xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Omg, I May Have Just Changed My Mind  (Read 399 times)

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
Omg, I May Have Just Changed My Mind
« on: September 16, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

Damn, how can someone play with that! At least you don't have to buy a seperate remote control  tongue.gif

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

i dont think thats the controller, its the remote for on screen menus and stuff. theres going to be Alot of menus to weed through when you want to fire up the old snes games and such, might as well give a nice remote.

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

It doesn't seem like it would be too intuitive for gameplay, but who knows it might be the best thing since  pop.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

Na, that is the controller.. there is some other posts about it around here.. but yeah, that's it.

Edit:

Take a look at that thumb stick, now take a look at your Dreamcast controller.

Looks like some crazy add on for the dream cast..

Killa420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

No way that can be the real control, unless nintendo has lost their mind, like he said, thats probally just to get through menus and such, like the dvd remote for xbox. There would be no way if you had to press that big a button and one of the bottom ones as the same time without takeing you hand off the stick.
Unless nintendo plans to sell another controll to make more money.

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

theyve said all along youll be able to play past nintendo games, no way they can expect you to play an n64 game like golden eye with that controller. its got to be a specialsed controller for something either menus or rpgs(there was a ps1 rpg controller like that).

nintendo in my book has done alot of good things they know what they are doing(expect the GC controller was to much for little kids my hands were far to big to use it). so until i see other wise nintendo has my confidence no question.

CrisK

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

I think thats the actual controller.  IGN did a review on it:

http://cube.ign.com/...1/651224p1.html

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(CrisK @ Sep 16 2005, 11:07 AM)
I think thats the actual controller.  IGN did a review on it:

Greyfoxwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

i will most defenatly buy myselve a "N" just because of the controller, it will be a blast to play games with that controller. Its atleast something my dad will enjoy, it took me months to teach my dad to use the xboxcontroller, he still hasnt quite got it....this controller will rule

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

Only thing I'm worrying about is that I play a lot of sports games and from the magazine article it doesn't quite seem like that they have figured out the controls would be applied in that genre.

They gave a couple examples but it seems like it wouldn't be that easy to actually operate the controls in that environment.

If I'm about to confront an all out blitz I want to be able to have all buttons within using distance without having to slide the remote up or down in the palm of my hand

Plus its mainly up to EA to properly allocate function to it. So thats something else entirely different to take into consideration.

BigDaddySlappy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

WOW...... any thought I ever had about buying a revolution is now gone.

Oh well, more money I can put towards Xbox 360 games! smile.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

I think this controller is pure genious!
Some of you cats just need to open your minds and expand your thoughts.

Sure there will be PS3 and Xbox 360 games that will be tough to port over to this controller's scheme but you guys are not thinking deep enough.
This controller completey changes the way we play games. Sports, fighting, and action titles will have to be developed around this controller. And that to me is far better news than incompatability with console ports.

Nintendo has found room in the market for a 3rd console after all.
You will see nothing but unique and exclusive titles for the Revolution.
I can't wait to play the latest Zelda, Metroide, and Mario games with this controller.

How about a boxing game using two controllers?
The possibilities are endless love.gif

atomheartmother

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

Just watched the press conference and the controller is absolute genius!! I no matter what want one. Think of the possiblities, yes I will own all three systems butthe revolution looks fun as hell. Think resident evil where you move the remote as a real flashlight. Or star wars where you swingthe light saber, then the whole expansion slot where they will off original controller shapes that plug into it as a reciever to make those controllers wireless also..or a medical game where the remote acts as a scapel.... This system is guaranteed to be different, interactive and fun...

All I got to say is watch the press conference with an open mind and I defintely think you will see why this is a needed advancement. Games today are the same thing over and over, just better graphics or framerates very little else a change is definetely nice since especially the other two companies have the basics covered, something different to play is always nice. Sure the support may start very low but if the platform is easy to design for  it will expand. Even if it is difficult to design for it wont matter if it sells. And with the whole iPod feel to it, and the definite ease of use appeal its gonna be hot. Imagine the kiosks atthe stores where you pick up the reomote and physically move objects on screen with a "wand". This is why eyetoy did well and thats nothing compared to this. Nintendo always has that, shock factor. Where its kinda magical you know and this in my opinion does not dissappoint.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »

Read the articles; it's designed to also fit into other controller styles, such as bongo drums and traditional controllers. In addition, you can flip it sideways and it becomes a NES controller for their classic series.

Here's one for you: how many of you that have been playing PC games for over 10 years, would ever have imagined using a mouse in anything except strategy games in the early 90s?

Yet, now we would never consider not using a mouse to play computer games.

Food for thought...

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »

love.gif   the fact that their main controller uses motion activation is a huge step in that direction.  I mean come on, being able to cast it for a fishing game, or swing it in a baseball game, that is kick ass stuff.  I give props for Nintendo for having the balls to bring this controller out at their main controller.  I'm definetly skeptical though on how well it will react to actual gameplay.  I used to have all those old nintendo controllers....the power glove, the U-force, R.O.B., Power Pad, and I loved them all, and still have them to this day.  Hopefully this controller will respond better than the ones from 20 years ago.  ok, ok, I'll stop rambling now.
Pages: [1] 2 3