xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Revolution Controller  (Read 286 times)

br0w

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

Wiggin78

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

cool.gif

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wiggin78 @ Sep 16 2005, 08:15 AM)
I think they should stick to what they do best, making games. If Nintendo ever goes 3rd party it would be a very happy day for all gamers who enjoy Nintendo's core games but don't want their mediocre systems.  cool.gif

Brouhaha

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

In a time where consoles are all about horsepower and connectivity, and games are all recycled/rehashed stuff, Nintendo innovates again...

I think all you haters/non-beleivers/dislikers are just brainwashed by the "traditional" concept of consoles, what the industry considers "safe" and "accepted" by the mass and that's definitly not good for innovation... But ask yourselves this classic question: If everyone jumps off a bridge, will you jump? Well Nintendo didn't jump, MS jumped and Sony got on a banana frenzy but still kept it traditional...

But hey, you can go back to playing that 45th FPS with slightly better graphics than the previous... With that boring controller thats been held the same way since the NES...

So even though it may seem odd, I STRONGLY encourage such innovations in the industry. The only true next-gen we're getting is this...

Sc4rfac3

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(joerehall @ Sep 16 2005, 12:46 AM)
its a piece of shit.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

The reason I like this so much, is because it is going to open up new genres, and make all the existing genres(that are getting stale) much more exciting, and something that I will want to play. With this, I'll actually want to play games, because it is a whole new way of playing them.

With the XBox360 and PS3, they are honestly offering nothing new except better graphics. That may pass for a while, but then people will realize that the games are just the same boring games available now, but with super graphics. They will get bored of them quickly.

I have read everything I possibly can on this since last night, and I have to say one thing, the developers and media love it. Now if the developers love it, it means that it is extremely awesome, and that they will be willing to develop games for it. Anf the media, also love it, especially those who were able to get hands-on with it, and actually were able to feelhow it works.

I honestly believe, that the REvolution will be the most developed for system this generation, and that it will have far more "awesome" games then the other systems. Some games might be strange and out there, but they wil be damn fun.

Note: I have both the Xbox, and the Ps2, and while both systems have some great games, I rarely finish them, because they start out fun, but then they get boring, so I stop playing them. THe Xbox360 and PS3 are going to be the same way.

With the Revolution, it is going to be a totally new way to play games. It will be an exciting experience, and the games will be much fresher, and new ideas will be possible with this.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

Yuck that looks ulgy, man the only good controller of the new consoles is the Xbox 360. I hope that Nintendo fixes that problem

gamerguy999

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Sep 16 2005, 01:37 PM)
Yuck that looks ulgy, man the only good controller of the new consoles is the Xbox 360. I hope that Nintendo fixes that problem

pingrr

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

If this controller will work like a light gun for FPS's does this mean that if you have a projection tv it won't work?  All of the light guns that I'm aware of don't work on projection TV's.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

^the controller "knows" where you are pointing it based on sensors you put by your TV. So it should work with any setup

tyga

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

All the people saying this is a bad controller have no idea what the hell they talking about. I mean c'mon they haven't even touched the thing yet. I wouldn't worry about the sony and MS fan boys.

Lets try the thing out first and see how it performs with real games before be pass judgement. I've bought every game system to date and it seems nintendo is the only company that even trys to do something other than use the old CONSOLE+SYSTEM CONTROLLER setup. So far in this generation (gamecube) nintendo hasn't let me down yet with their innovative products (bongo controllers, Nintendo DS, nintendogs) and I doubt they will let me (us) down with the innovation behind the main control unit for their next system.

And no I'm not a nintendo fanboy I like every company but I give nintendo's it's due respect cause they invent shit no other comoany even thinks of.

P.S.
Nintendo knows they aren't doing as good sony or MS that's why they aren't trying to fight with those two anymore and just concentrate on bring gamers innovative products and overall enjoyment of their video game investment

powercntrl

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

tongue.gif

dajuice

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »

After watching the video, I think that the kinds of games we are used to like the sports, fighting games, RPGs, FPS, etc. will not be on Revolution. I don't think they are even interested in making the conventional games we've been accustomed to anymore.  Instead, Nintendo is taking their games and making them interactive. Because imagine trying to play Mortal Kombat or Madden with their controller- it's just impossible. The games for the Revolution will be more like driving, fishing, sword fighting, baseball, golf or anything that requires gamers to wave the remote around just like in the video. They're just carving another direction for gaming and it's a pretty bold move for them to be totally doing something different. So, this time around Nintendo probably will not distinguish their system as a gaming console, but an interactive entertainment system.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(dajuice @ Sep 16 2005, 11:16 PM)
After watching the video, I think that the kinds of games we are used to like the sports, fighting games, RPGs, FPS, etc. will not be on Revolution. I don't think they are even interested in making the conventional games we've been accustomed to anymore.  Instead, Nintendo is taking their games and making them interactive. Because imagine trying to play Mortal Kombat or Madden with their controller- it's just impossible. The games for the Revolution will be more like driving, fishing, sword fighting, baseball, golf or anything that requires gamers to wave the remote around just like in the video. They're just carving another direction for gaming and it's a pretty bold move for them to be totally doing something different. So, this time around Nintendo probably will not distinguish their system as a gaming console, but an interactive entertainment system.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
Revolution Controller
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »

That controler shell is awsome! I just wish they would go with a conventional button setup, like the SNES had and every controller since then
Pages: 1 [2] 3