xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gamecube Led Mod  (Read 108 times)

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Gamecube Led Mod
« on: September 11, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

Anyone have any tuts on led modding any part of the cube or links?

Thanks in advance

EmTea

• Archived User
Gamecube Led Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBL_SUCKS @ Sep 11 2005, 03:43 PM)
Anyone have any tuts on led modding any part of the cube or links?

Thanks in advance

From what I understand the red wire is 5v and black is ground off the motherboard.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
Gamecube Led Mod
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(EmTea @ Sep 11 2005, 03:45 PM)
From what I understand the red wire is 5v and black is ground off the motherboard.

Red is 12v, black is ground.

And as for tutorials, check out duey2k.com, and pxn-os.com

atomiX

• Archived User
Gamecube Led Mod
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »

If you've done LED mods on your Xbox, you won't have much more difficulty doing a GC. You only have a 12V source so calculate your resistors accordingly.

Use this resistance calculator if you're stuck.

If you don't want to add new LEDs and just want to change the red power LED to another color, just remove the red one and replace it with a 5mm or 3mm LED of your choice.

If you're looking for suggestions on LED locations, you can do what I did and install LEDs around the side vents. It adds a nice glow to the inside of the case when you're in a dark room.

EmTea

• Archived User
Gamecube Led Mod
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(atomiX @ Sep 12 2005, 12:45 PM)
If you've done LED mods on your Xbox, you won't have much more difficulty doing a GC. You only have a 12V source so calculate your resistors accordingly.

Use this resistance calculator if you're stuck.

If you don't want to add new LEDs and just want to change the red power LED to another color, just remove the red one and replace it with a 5mm or 3mm LED of your choice.

If you're looking for suggestions on LED locations, you can do what I did and install LEDs around the side vents. It adds a nice glow to the inside of the case when you're in a dark room.

Thats what I figured.
As for placement I'm working on a clear case (from Xecuter) and I'm trying to figure out where good placement is. I know im gonna but 4 or 6 under the jewel but im not shure about a underglow.

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Gamecube Led Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

A big thanks goes out to gamerguy999 and atomiX for there links and help. I have a Platinum edition case. As for the sidevents is it the same as a xbox case or is it different? Sorry bout all the questions