xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Opinions On The Ps3  (Read 408 times)

leo5111

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »

tongue.gif

angeljuice

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ May 17 2005, 06:46 PM)
YES! Tony Hawk is a half ass graphical effort. I'm sure they would disagree too. Just like EA would say that their sorry ass ports from PS2 took FULL advantage of the xbox hardware. Now if you believe that load of BS, then you sir, are a moron. Some games are just known to be graphically lazy and Tony Hawk is just one of them. They, like EA, have used the same fugly engine with no upgrades for some time. So, I believe it would be unfair to say, "hey look at Tony Hawk on the 360 compared to Killzone 2". Sony only showed a game they KNEW looked good, but I guarantee if Tony Hawk was in video form for PS3, it would look exactly the same as it does for 360. Now, once again, did you see Gears of War running? That is a pretty game, just as pretty as Killzone 2 and it's running on an ALPHA devkit. Do you know what is in the alpha devkit??? Ghost Recon 3 also looked really good, once again, ALPHA devkit.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(angeljuice @ May 17 2005, 05:00 PM)
Everyone kept saying "wait till you see what they can do at E3", now it's "wait till you see what they can do in the shops".

laugh.gif yup

But my god people, whats better is up to you. beerchug.gif
PS3 for me, xbox 360 for you, and who cares, can't we just get along?

Ozy

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(angeljuice @ May 17 2005, 08:00 PM)

leo5111

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

if u guys want to buy into sonys bullshit i cant stop you what im saying is MS is displaying there games on hardware close to what xbox 360 will actualy be and sony has there games running on hardware that is more powerfull they what the ps3 will actualy have so the ps3 games will NOT look as nice as what they are showing where as xbox 360 games will look as nice probabaly nicer

Ozy

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(leo5111 @ May 17 2005, 08:05 PM)
if u guys want to buy into sonys bullshit i cant stop you what im saying is MS is displaying there games on hardware close to what xbox 360 will actualy be and sony has there games running on hardware that is more powerfull they what the ps3 will actualy have so the ps3 games will NOT look as nice as what they are showing where as xbox 360 games will look as nice probabaly nicer

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(leo5111 @ May 17 2005, 05:05 PM)
if u guys want to buy into sonys bullshit i cant stop you

Yes because the xbox 360 MTV show wasnt bullshit either  rolleyes.gif
It was nothing, but hype. Hmmm M$ has had devkits out longer. More time to develop. Shouldnt they have more to show than $ony? I believe so, but $ony delivered on their hype for the first time.  ohmy.gif  I was skeptical, until I saw what I saw.
As an HDTV owner, all I can say is HDMI.

leo5111

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Ozy

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(leo5111 @ May 17 2005, 08:17 PM)
some people are just sad im sorry to say.. the ps3 footage probaly isnt even on the ps3 dev kits its probaly a computer workstation just like  the bullshit they pulled when they showed ps2 at the e3 years ago...

crosseye

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »

ok look, let me break this down for everyone. the original playstation was hyped by sony and tech demos, and whatnot looked great (not now, but they did then). I bought a playstation and I did enjoy it, but it did not look like they said it would. Then, i purchased a Dreamcast (gotta admit I love videogames) it was nice, but underused. The playstation 2 hype started flowing. Oh my god did you see the tech demos and the "in game" footage they showed!!!! This system is gonna hands down trounce the dreamcast in graphics. PS2 comes out and guess who's waiting in line for one (just in case you're really stupid, ME) Then to my horror, the jaggies and the awfulness that was before me was unlike any demo they showed at E3. Now, we have the PS3 and the hype machine starts rolling again. I don't know about you, but when I was young my mom always told me "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and I'm just an idiot!" I now have a very hard time believing sony and their E3 blah blah emotion engine blah blah Reality Synthesizer AKA RSX. This in no way means I won't be waiting in line again, it just means i accept that i am being lied to by Sony unlike some other people.

So, now that we know killzone 2 is NOT in game, can someone compare apples to apples here? Gears of War IS in game, and for the last fricken time just on an ALPHA devkit. The games you are seeing from Sony are on a high powerd PC just like the PS2.

Ozy

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ May 17 2005, 08:35 PM)
Sony are on a high powerd PC just like the PS2.

crosseye

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

NO, you are totally mis quoting me. The E3 demos and stuff for the PS2 were done on a workstation that sported better everything than the actual PS2. Sony said that this was "in game" and all possible only to find out they just throw shit at the wall and hope some sticks with people. They're doing the same thing they have done for ALL of their console releases. Killzone 2 is NOT in game and Sony is throwing more shit at the wall.

thechosenone

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

Lets keep a couple of things in mind here:

1. Graphics dont determine a console winner.

2. Yes MS is sticking with the standard DVD9. Blue Ray discs will be expensive, and the drives themselves will be expensive. This could relate to increased manufacturing costs for the PS3 and increased game costs. Dont fool yourselves into believing that the standard DVD is on its way out somehow. New technology always takes years to advance enough and fall in price to a level reachable by the average consumer.

3. My only concern is that I hope MS can make development easy for developers, and that the multiple processors does not become troublesome. But each system use multiple processors in one form or another.

4. The 360 actually has a much higher number of pipelines, so in terms of strength the Xbox GPU (which is mostly what everyone cares about anyway) is superior. The much higher processing ability, combined with the superior GPU, may lead to more efficient games.

Dont get me wrong here, I am not a complete Sony hater. I just dont want the market monopolized by one company, whether it be MS or Sony. Sony has too much tendency to make games exclusive, which only hurts the gamer.  All systems will have their pros and cons. But from a marketing standpoint, MS is doing a very good job, they are showing the gamers and their supporters that their opinions matter. They did do a good job of making the 360 damn sexy.

Also although is less important there is one more thing I want to say. THE XBOX AND 360 ARE AMERICAN CONSOLES. When was the last time that an American console did nearly as good as the Xbox? I'm proud of how well it did, it shows that Americans aren't less creative or dumber than the Japanese developers.

thechosenone

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »

F-CK KILLZONE 2, HALO 3 WILL TURN BELIEVERS INTO ANY PS FANBOY OR XBOX HATER!!

That's one thing Sony would love to get their paws on that will never happen. lol.

Also one thing you have to respect, MS shows in-game video. Sony is notorious for trying to fool people into believing the power of their systems by show pre-rendered CGI video.

thechosenone

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

The games come down to development team, the reason Halo kicked the shit out of Killzone was that Bungie is a much more creative, competent team. Bungie set out to make a game as a team that they all felt the wanted to do emotionally for some time. Killzone was just a failed attempt at matching a game that is so good because it came from inside. The same will go for Killzone 2. Its only wish is to someway to out-perform Halo. Which won't happen because the developers just don't have the same drive. They'll never do it because they are too concerned on matching or beating Halo, rather than sitting down and determining how to make a GOOD game.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15