xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Opinions On The Ps3  (Read 407 times)

Arius

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 03:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 17 2005, 09:16 AM)
That's what I do.  tongue.gif

Ozy

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 03:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arius @ May 17 2005, 08:21 AM)
Possibly, I dont know.

Gohan5052

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 03:28:00 AM »

I realy want to start a bunch of flamewars over at the ps forums but i want to wait till i have plenty to back it up with.  yes i saw the killzone trailer but they have to realize that the killzone trailer for ps2 looked great too until you (tried) to play it.  that game played like shit and online was a joke. i just cant wait till both systems come out then those ps bastards can eat it. its going to be different now that MS is stealing all of sonys exclusice titles

mkjones

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 03:42:00 AM »

tongue.gif cant see PS3 winning that war.

testing

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 03:52:00 AM »

The pads look horid but it is about the feel. PS3 comes out Spring 2006, (Q1/2) Xbox 360 comes out Late nov (Q4) so at max it is a 6 months delay between the ps3 launch and the x360 launch

crosseye

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »

why does everyone point to crappy looking games such as tony hawk and say the x360 can't touch the PS3 cause look at killzone2. Well, you are an idiot if you use that comparison. Tony Hawk games are notoriously ugly! You can't compare some half ass effort to an all out effort. The people trying to do this I beg you to please not contaminate the gene pool. Look at Gears of War and remember that this was done on an ALPHA devkit. Wait till someone get ahold of the full power. I believe the PS3 games look really good. However, due to past lies I am forced to withold any belief that they can actually be accomplished in a working game until I see the hardware actually running it.

Jonlisle81

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  This crazy competition is going to produce some EXCELLENT games for BOTH systems. MS knows what they're doing...and so does Sony. So I suggest sitting back, taking a "chill pill," and enjoying this crazy ride! It's a great time to be a gamer!

crosseye

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

YES! Tony Hawk is a half ass graphical effort. I'm sure they would disagree too. Just like EA would say that their sorry ass ports from PS2 took FULL advantage of the xbox hardware. Now if you believe that load of BS, then you sir, are a moron. Some games are just known to be graphically lazy and Tony Hawk is just one of them. They, like EA, have used the same fugly engine with no upgrades for some time. So, I believe it would be unfair to say, "hey look at Tony Hawk on the 360 compared to Killzone 2". Sony only showed a game they KNEW looked good, but I guarantee if Tony Hawk was in video form for PS3, it would look exactly the same as it does for 360. Now, once again, did you see Gears of War running? That is a pretty game, just as pretty as Killzone 2 and it's running on an ALPHA devkit. Do you know what is in the alpha devkit??? Ghost Recon 3 also looked really good, once again, ALPHA devkit.

Sooo, in conclusion, yes some games are half ass efforts and that will remain the same on BOTH systems. Also, don't compare a game that is crap to one we all know looks good. That's like saying the xbox is ONLY capable of Constantine when we've all seen DOOM 3. Lastly, where the hell is m_hael? I know some of these specs by Sony are just totally mindboggling on where they came up with them. Can you give us some more realistic specs for BOTH systems to be fair?

crobar

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

after seeing the ps3 demo of  killzone two (if its ingame) im thinking ps3 is gonna kill this
i hope the 360 can pump out ingame shots like this...
user posted image

Ozy

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(crobar @ May 17 2005, 06:48 PM)
after seeing the ps3 demo of  killzone two (if its ingame) im thinking ps3 is gonna kill this

Arius

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »

Again sorry but lots of people seem to be forgetting this.

graphics dont make a decent game.

Hell I have spent hours playing FFVII (again) recently, and that looks shite now.

but its far from a bad game.

Doom III looked the shit, but at the end of the day it wasent a great game.

boxrocker

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

Exactly.  Graphics are just one factor.  Gameplay and story are the biggest factors.  Who wants to play a beautiful game if it's boring as hell?

Halo 1 did so well because the campaign rocked!  Halo 2 is doing well because of multiplayer.  MS needs to be the monopoly they've always wanted to be and strike some deals to get the good PS games ported to xbox.  Games like God of War and Killzone would be awesome on xbox.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 17 2005, 07:21 AM)
That's what I do.  tongue.gif

blah101

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 17 2005, 03:50 PM)
Kill zone WILL kill halo. M$ is going down the drain letting the competition walk all over them. No one cares out live allard if we can't have decent games!

crobar

• Archived User
Opinions On The Ps3
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

it seems to me like sony is  doing what they usually do witch is
pump the public full of demo reels that arent ingame... you guys see this one yet?

mindstorm

or here for screens
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15