xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Hd Loader For Ps2  (Read 1341 times)

Rcl

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

I transferred one of the ps2savetools for the exploit.  I then put in Final Fantasy 7 (NTSC version though), and nothing happened?  I think the downloaded exploits need the PAL version of games, but help please?  ANyone have a premade exploit for a NTSC game?

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rcl @ Jul 18 2004, 04:06 AM)
I transferred one of the ps2savetools for the exploit.  I then put in Final Fantasy 7 (NTSC version though), and nothing happened?  I think the downloaded exploits need the PAL version of games, but help please?  ANyone have a premade exploit for a NTSC game?

the title.db file of the exploit has to be specifically tailored with the slus (or whichever, the ancronym depends on the region i believe) for the game you are trying to boot.

FUCKMICROSOFT

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

ok i did everything up to the last step, where i booted the original PSX game with the memory card, it took over, but insted of loading freehdloader, it gave me a menu black and green with some writing. what did edit>I<edit do wrong?

Unregistered007

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »

on that green screen
you press R1 and then go in MC0
and then
something-SYSTEM folder its usually the second one and then on in there and select HDloader.elf

and it will boot

Rcl

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (LordOfChaos @ Jul 18 2004, 03:37 PM)
The way I did it was I followed the instructions for altering the title.db file from http://jeexlabs.com/hdloader/

Instead of burning a cd, I took the modified files and created a PS2 save game with a utility from www.ps2savetools.com
PS2 Save Builder

Then I used Sharkport to transfer the save to my MC.  Works like a charm.

I am doing it the same way as you are doing it.  I made the save file from my modified files, and I transferred the files to my memory card.  But when i put in the game I used (to make the modified files), the game pops up??  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  What did you do after putting the files on your memory card?

bLiZzArDo

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

If I use a 120gb hard drive, and try to go online to play Final Fantasy, will Sony be able to detect that I'm am not using the stock 40gb, like MS can do with the Xbox? Or are they incapable of doing that?

LordOfChaos

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rcl @ Jul 19 2004, 06:47 PM)
I am doing it the same way as you are doing it.  I made the save file from my modified files, and I transferred the files to my memory card.  But when i put in the game I used (to make the modified files), the game pops up??  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  What did you do after putting the files on your memory card?

First thing I did was follow these instructions:
http://jeexlabs.com/hdloader/
You should have a MC folder on your PC somewhere (prior to burning a cd)

Second, I downloaded the Independance Exploit from PS2Savetools.com:
Exploit
I don't know if this is necessary, but I was just digging around trying to figure stuff out.

Third, I opened the Indepenance Exploit (NTSC-US version) in the Save Builder tool from PS2Savetools.com:
Save Builder

Fourth, I inserted all the files from the MC folder (except titleman.exe), overwriting when prompted.

Fifth, Save the new Save <- sounds funny, but you get the picture.

Sixth, transfer the save via Sharkport to PS2.

That should do it.  If you get the game coming up at all then there was something wrong with the Save you uploaded.  I wish the PS2 community were as thorough as the Xbox community in regards to documentation.  

FUCKMICROSOFT

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

this is really cool!

one question. is it possible to ftp games over to the harddrive. that way those of us with faulty ps2 dvd drives could make use of our $200 tub of floating shit (broken dvd drive ps2)?

bLiZzArDo

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »

Alright, will Sony be able to detect the larger hard drive (Maxtor 120gb), and that the games on the hard drive, when I go online?

FUCKMICROSOFT

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

wink.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

dry.gif

_Wicked_

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

Have you guys heard about the HD Advance?? I didn't i searched for the HDLoader site and found it was down. But its up at HDloader.net  and now theres some other disk called HDAdvance thats inculdes a DVD and CD....
what makes this better.... anyone know?

Heres the Link HDAdvance
heres some more info on it. INFO

well if anyone knows more about it pm me... is this one going to be better than the HDloader??

LordOfChaos

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2004, 04:41:00 AM »

cool.gif The hacked version of HDLoader that some company is manufacturing to get their piece of the pie (likely)

The only difference is the color of the wrapper screen (orange), and the size of the TOC on the disk(s).  HDAdvance is bigger and it takes out 2 steps for people who use the swap method for playing backup games.

I think that HDAdvance is just pirated software and do not condone buying pirated software. (but you gotta do what you gotta do right?)

HELLTICK

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

one question. is it possible to ftp games over to the harddrive. that way those of us with faulty ps2 dvd drives could make use of our $200 tub of floating shit (broken dvd drive ps2)?

There is ftp for ps2...but its not what you think, nothing like xbox.
You can however install ps2 hdd in pc then use pc dvd-drive to rip games to the ps2 hdd...For this method its best to use a mobile rack...One in ps2 the other in pc.
user posted image
More Pics Here.

Sai1002

• Archived User
Hd Loader For Ps2
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »

biggrin.gif\\

Yay me installing Winning Eleven 8 Right Now .... few minutes left w00t  rolleyes.gif
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]