xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Best Final Fantasy/Square Game  (Read 379 times)

lebriznon

• Archived User
Best Final Fantasy/Square Game
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Mar 31 2004, 05:45 PM)
I am probably the only one who thinks so but 8 was definitely my fave.  I loved the story and layout of the game.

everyone's got their own opinions. however, ive played 3,7,8,9,10 and i must say, i absolutely hate ff8.  ff7 was my favourite, because i loved the materia system, and more importantly, the great plot.  after having such a good time wth it i went out and got ff8. sadly, i found the plot to be lacking in depth with very few twists and surprises. even worse, i hated the draw/junction system....had to spend so much time collecting good spells to junction...and finally, i didnt think the characters had very much contrast between them.  they all seemd strkingling similar with a slight attitude of their own, but nothing like the distinct difference between characters in other FF games.

but hey, thats just my opinion.

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

i voted for chrono trigger, but i have a question, i'd like other members feedback on this...

is it just me or is square-enix making the male characters look like pretty boys?? that was the most politically correct term i could find.. (aside from fa****). these guys have nice beautiful hair, with shimmering blue eyes, who the f*k wants to assume control of a character like that?? ryu from ninja gaiden would meet head to head with one of square-enix's (new and improved) pretty boy characters, and smash on him.

does any1 else see this? or does every1 else like these new *perfect characters??

just watch the japanese movie versus and you'll see how deeply corrupted japan's sense of "cool" and "style" is horribly distorted.

shavedrat

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

I thought the same thing when I saw the guy from FFX.  They need to be rugged, not feminine.  We want a dangerous guy, not a ladies man!
Wow, after saying that, I think I'm one of them now.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

Final fantasy 3 BY FAR

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (shavedrat @ Apr 1 2004, 11:50 AM)
I thought the same thing when I saw the guy from FFX.  They need to be rugged, not feminine.  We want a dangerous guy, not a ladies man!
Wow, after saying that, I think I'm one of them now.

yeah as much as im enjoying FFX, the main character Tidus i just dont like. he looks like one of those "brad pitt-tom cruise" type guys, (i.e. skinny, weak, feminine as you mentioned).  The voicing for him is also crap.  my favourite guy character in FFX is auron, old, big, brawny guy with a big sword. the way it should be  laugh.gif

is sephiroth a "pretty boy"?  im not too sure...but i still think hes the coolest bad guy ive ever seen  biggrin.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

FF7, and Sephiroth has got to be the all time coolest bad guy.

dietrite

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

rotfl.gif

edit: wrong game character

sleeping.gif

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 03:19:00 AM »

sorry, but ff8 is def. my fav.
I probly would have liked 7, but i was too young to understand it when i started playing it, and iv lost disk 1 now so i cant try.
The story of ff8 is so much better.

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »

ok after beating FFX recently (great game), i picked up FFX-2. man does this game suck. avoid if you havent played it...

TMG8

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

My vote goes to Xenogears. I'm really sad the new episodes of Xenogears (Xenosaga) is now being done by the guys at Namco.
Xenosage EPISODE 1 Der Wille zur Macht was really bad compared to Xenogears (Xenosaga Episode5).

As for final fantasy:
- FF 6 (FF3 in USA) (SNES)
- FF 10 (PS2)
- FF 7 (PS)
- FF 8 (PS)

Worst FF:
- FF 11 (euhm ... wtf? ... crappy PSO clone. I dont wanna play FF with others!)
- FF 9 (Too 'Grandia2-like' for me)

Important Square game you forgot:
- Chrono Cross (better then trigger I think personally).

Now that Square and Enix are together I hope we will get more english translation of some of the cool Enix RPG's.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (XanTium @ Apr 19 2004, 06:05 PM)
Important Square game you forgot:
- Chrono Cross (better then trigger I think personally).

Both are awesome games.... I'm replaying Chrono Trigger now actually.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »

What about The Bouncer?

Seriously, get off Square's nuts, FF hasn't been fun for over six years.

I voted for CT, the only Square game I could stomach playing more than once.

TMG8

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

ok well first off square really hasnt been fun for me not since the legend of mana game but dont go bashing FF11 no i dont have it but at least its not a pso rip off i know for a fact ive played pso and its bs its almost like saying Halo is just about as good as Zombies ate my neighbors which is a joke.

for one thing pso is supposed to be a RPG yet there is no turn based/fighting system. its fully open adventure and only has like 8 levels all together that is so boring you almost fall asleep playing it as for FF11 which is true role playing activity plus huge areas and endless quests, jobs, races, events, its mind boggleing

but yeah legend of mana is still my favorite, Weapon forging, making, was the best!

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4