xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wonderswan Crystal  (Read 33 times)

i.stole.this.name

• Archived User
Wonderswan Crystal
« on: December 08, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »

im sorry i know this has probably bben discussed before but i thought this system would be a HUGE hit in the US with final fantasy 1 thru 4 and possibly chrono trigger, the system also has classics like golden axe and Gundam. Alot of americans like this stuff, and just for backup by square the company will not be crushed by the big N

Supplicium

• Archived User
Wonderswan Crystal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 10:28:00 AM »

i disagree, if Wonderswan could be bought for less that the GBASP i think GBA would have to lower th cost to compete. GBA is the only handheld out, its like M$ they can over charge b/c they can.. no competors.. Its funny in the console world u have 3 systems battling for sales and the prices are super low. u can almost get a GC for the same price as a GBASP.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Wonderswan Crystal
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (kaioshade @ Dec 8 2003, 05:12 PM)
The Wonderswan Crystal would get crushed by the GBASP. It is barely making it in Japan. A release outside of Japan would be its doom, even with Square-Enix backing it.

GBA is bigger because it has a bigger variety while wonderswan is just doing classics that WILL BE HITS instead of wasting money there doing it on something well. When wonderswan was released then it was preety big I love wonderswan! My friend has an import of it!

i.stole.this.name

• Archived User
Wonderswan Crystal
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 04:20:00 AM »

Dont misunderstand me. I love my wonderswan crystal, but i know it cant compete against the GBA. even in japan the WS is getting beat by the GBA pretty badly. It is a niche item, even over there. The only thing keeping it alove is square-enix's support for it, and the gundam games.

capcom is putting some good support with it as well. But it still wont do well over here. A few diehard fans will pick up most of the square games but the majority of dating sims, and tactical games will turn many off.

If you get a duck, and break off its beak, can you call it a frog?

I wouldn't think so

however the entire illusion backed by good marketing will make the general public - i.e. idiots - believe that it is a frog wink.gif