xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dreamcast Controller On Ps?  (Read 32 times)

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Dreamcast Controller On Ps?
« on: July 11, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »

I cant find any converters that do dreamcast to playstation. I want to use my dreamcast dance pads on playstation but i cant find converters. Anyone know where i could find one?

shadowjin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 05:56:00 AM »

hey fuzzy,

as far as I know, there's not a marketed convertor....which sucks ass cause I've definately wanted to use one before (had a pimp arcade stick on DC, but none on PS1/2.)

Recently, I've come across a page that deals with hacks and kitbashing of console units, accessories, and video signals.

GamesX - Lots of useful info for that here.

Their sister site, AtariLabs, also has some useful info.

There isn't much on creating convertors for controllers, but since a lot of them are out there...i'm thinkin about starting a little page about it...i dunno.  The GamesX page and AtariLabs page both point you in the right directions.

If you need help figurin it all out, I'd love to help...i've been meaning to mess with it all myself, just lacked the enrgy to start the project...haha..

-jin

Droid

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »

I've never seen any converters either. Actually, I've never seen dreamcast dance pads. Do you want to sell them? If you do, please give me a price shipped. Then, you can turn around and buy psx/ps2 dance pads. Please PM me if you are interested in this. Thanks.

--tooth--

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

there was a piece of hardware that let you use PSone pads on DC. Last time I saw it was in Game about the same time as "BLEEMcast" was in stores.

ugly piece of kit.

also let you use generic keyboard/mouse.

I know its not what you are looking for, but if i find out the name i'll let you know