xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Major Problem!  (Read 33 times)

joker4096

• Archived User
Major Problem!
« on: June 03, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »

sad.gif OK I have a version 4 ps2 and modded with a neokey. One day I opened the case and put it back together without taking out the motherboard. When I tried to turn on the power, the system did not receive any (leds on the reset/eject buttons were not lighted up). I bought a new eject/reset ribbon cable (Because the original was damaged and I thought that was the problem). I installed it, and still no power. I then borrowed someone elses Ver. 4 PS2 and started switching parts. I found that everything worked except the motherboard. I switched it and I got the system to work, but if I put back in my motherboard, it gets no power. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I think it may be the fuses on the board but I do not know how to check them or where they are located. PLease help!!!  
uhh.gif
Thank you  

noomski

• Archived User
Major Problem!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 03:24:00 AM »

try a new power supply or repair your broken one by firstly replacing the fuse, if this doed not work try the four black fuses on the corner of the board, these are usually the problems with most power supplies. Be very carefull though since the power supplies capacitors will hold a charge for 15 mins approx after turning off, try not to touch the pins underneath shortly after tuning off.

joker4096

• Archived User
Major Problem!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 02:14:00 PM »

Power supply is good but no power when my original Mainboard is in the system.  If I switch my Mainboard with another ver.4, It works ok.  But what is wrong.

Matrixsoul

• Archived User
Major Problem!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 05:54:00 AM »

go to ps2newz.net they have lots of faqs for those problems and a forum full of people who do just that