xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ut Arlington Needs Football!  (Read 215 times)

evilkeo

• Archived User
Ut Arlington Needs Football!
« on: January 20, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

Sort of just a rant. I attend University of Texas at Arlington. It's not a small school. We have 28,000 students here. It's not a huge school either. For some reason, we don't have a football team. This is Texas: we need football! Our football team was nixxed in 1985 and the administration will not bring it back, even though the students want football! If anyone here goes to UTA, check out UTArocks.com and post in the Mavericks for Football NOW! forum. This guy named Sam DeBerry is working on pressuring the administration to reconsider. He has put together a club football team that's going to play in Maverick Stadium this spring. Come to the games and show everyone that WE WANT FOOTBALL!

UTArocks.com

EverestX

• Archived User
Ut Arlington Needs Football!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »

WTF Man, UTA stands for the University of a Thousand Asians, or if you prefer, University of Ten Americans.

What made you think it was University of the Athletics?   My Chick goes to school out there and I think it's a pretty nice campus.  I see your point about the football team but  I really think football teams can take away from what you are actually there for, Learning.  But this is something for the students to decide.  Best of luck to you and your pigskin cause.

Also, Where would you guys play at?