xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Best Story Of The Baseball Offseason  (Read 160 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Best Story Of The Baseball Offseason
« on: December 06, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

I don't know how many people follow baseball in the offseason. I do. The trades rumors and signings are almost as much fun to me as the season itself. And as a Yankees fan I generally have a lot to root for. This offseason the best story has me rooting for a member of NYs rivals the Red Sox.

Pitcher Jon Lester's cancer is in remission. He was diagnosed last year. Had some shoulder pain. An MRI turned up swollen lymph nodes which turned up cancer of his lymph system.

So here we are months later. Chemo treatments later and he's being given some good news. His cancer is in remission. And while he has one more treatment left, he's expected to be ready for Spring Training.

I just want you guys to think about stuff like this when you get all caught up in sporting events. That win or lose it's really just a game and there are things far more important in life. Lester's 22. Younger than me. And I certainly don't think about my time being any where near up. Anyway, I'm happy for the kid. I hope he does well this year.

throwingks

• Archived User
The Best Story Of The Baseball Offseason
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

beerchug.gif