xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Should I Get Superfan?  (Read 202 times)

Setha

• Archived User
Should I Get Superfan?
« on: September 29, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

lol that website is funny.  I have superfan and sunday ticket, BTW.  It does me right.  Up to 9 games realistically means most of the games are in HD.  Last week there were 7.  They don't have enough bandwidth to go above 9.  If you are a fan of the game you can't go wrong with SF.  Who's your team?  GO STEELERS!

Pipod

• Archived User
Should I Get Superfan?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

I know so funny huh?  I wanna watch the game with that old dude.  I like Da Bears.  Hoping they cream the Seahawks right now.  Hey if you have superfan can you tell me how that 8 games on 1 channel works?  How is the audio, is it silent, or a mix, or what?

Setha

• Archived User
Should I Get Superfan?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

Well you got your wish!  The Bears mopped the field with them. The 8 on 1 is like a screen full of little screens, and you have a cursor you can move around.  Whichever you have highlighted is the one you here.  Then you can "click" on it and it'll send you to whatever channel that game is on.  It really rocks if you have widescreen cuz you can do splitscreen and watch this channel on half and a full game on the other.  My buddies and I call it the "octo-football-channel".

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Should I Get Superfan?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

I have sunday ticket and superfan.  I'm an eagles fan in a far away market so its the only way I can watch eagles in HD (or watch at all).  I'm not sure if superfan was worth it when I had the HR10-250 as that was not an interactive receiver so basically all I could do is record hi-def.  I could tune to the mix channel but had no cursor to move around for audio (it was silent).
Now that I have the new HR20-700 from D* the superfan is worth every penny.  Not only for the mix channels I can now navigate but I can also input my fantasy players and it will alert me when their team is in the red zone, etc.  Its great.

So my point is if your receiver is HD and interactive then superfan is worth it.  Otherwise maybe not.