xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sanchez Throws A No-no  (Read 114 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Sanchez Throws A No-no
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

I hope Theo Epstein crys himself to sleep for stupidly trading Anibal and Hanley for Beckett and Lowell. I'm not saying the team got worse, but he certainly inflated the payroll. Is Epstein really a boy genius or did he just luck out. Because the more moves he makes and doesn't make the more I question the guy. And I got to see Sanchez pitch in Portland. You could tell the kid was going to be good. Same with Papelbon and Hanley. I never got to watch Lester pitch. I know they have a guy named Ramirez that was pitching there this year that looked pretty impressive to me as well.

throwingks

• Archived User
Sanchez Throws A No-no
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »

It blows my mind that this happens. It doesn't matter how dominant a pitcher is, anyone in a big league lineup is capable of getting a hit at any time.

Let's say he has an opposing batting average of .200 on the year. That means 1 out of 5 guys gets a basehit off of him. Then in 30 guys noone even bloops one or hits a swinging bunt. If you flip a weighted coin it still lands on the wrong side sometimes.

Congrats to Sanchez though. He is going down in the history books.

P.S. Did you see the plays made behind him. He had some awesome defense helping him out. I faced a lot of the Diamondback hitters last year in AAA. They are not easy outs. They are good big league calibre hitters.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Sanchez Throws A No-no
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

Well there's a good deal of luck that goes into any no hitter. And certainly a solid defensive outing behind you helps matters. Still impressive none the less.

edstan

• Archived User
Sanchez Throws A No-no
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 04:27:00 AM »

i played ball for 12 yrs. and had 1 no hitter when i was 13 yrs. old.  it was a momentous day that i will never forget!  i am 37 now and still flash back to that very fulfilling moment in my life.  it was against a very good team also.  anybody every hear of boyertown, pa.  ,  very good, well coached players.  seems like they win th american legion world series every few yrs.  i'm lucky to live in the district to have my boys play in that league!  can't wait to tear the fall softball league up!