xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guidelines For Being A "sport"  (Read 293 times)

_iffy

• Archived User
Guidelines For Being A "sport"
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 04:08:00 AM »

^ if darts doesn't count than golf sure wont.

heavy physical activity -  and you can't say all the walking, because buying your groceries would count.
(the competition part would be check out total against your total budget. - suspense!!!!)

pro wrestling -> "sports entertainment"

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »

The heavy physical activity in no way would allow for darts. Golf on the other hand requires much wider range of motion, power and skill. Even though I love golf and play golf, I am still going to have to concede that is borderline in my book of being a sport.It could really go either way.

lol after we get all the bugs worked out I'm going to submit this to quite a few different places. I am trying to be as serious about it as I can, of course it will never fly but all the people who enjoy the activities that our rules prohibit will flip out and it will be HILARIOUS. Or maybe it would be accepted... who knows?

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »

Idk about baseball, when there is less than 5 mins of actual "playtime" in a 4 hour game. Not to mention that most of the players only run out to their positions, and stand to scratch their............. heads. biggrin.gif what about performance enhancing drugs that are legal? but others might disagree. Don't get me wrong, there are athletes that play baseball, but lets face it, they aren't all really that fit.

P.s. If you can't tell i think baseball is pretty boring, I like sports to have action. Maybe there should be a clause about causing involuntary movement, i.e. jumping up, squirming, shouting, and other things associated with watching a sport.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Jun 27 2006, 05:25 AM) View Post

Idk about baseball, when there is less than 5 mins of actual "playtime" in a 4 hour game. Not to mention that most of the players only run out to their positions, and stand to scratch their............. heads. biggrin.gif what about performance enhancing drugs that are legal? but others might disagree. Don't get me wrong, there are athletes that play baseball, but lets face it, they aren't all really that fit.

Take that throwingks!!!

sidewinder33 throwingks will have an explanation for you. So just wait, until he can rebuttle.

your "fan actions" clause sounds interesting, another reason why golf is stupid. (i don't like golf.)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

Let's not make things that we do not like determine our rules. I don't like soccer at all but it is definitely a sport. Baseball is without a doubt a sport. Golf is borderline and I lean towards it NOT being a sport. I play the game and I enjoy it but that does not make it a sport. So let's not let what we like or do not like determine what we consider a sport smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]