xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mario Williams Num. 1 In Draft  (Read 104 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Mario Williams Num. 1 In Draft
« on: May 03, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

Everyone in Texas seemed to want Vince Young. (I think they have a decent QB so I wouldnt have taken him) But if youre not gonna take the hometown boy it seems you need to take the explosive RB. How do you justify the #! pick being spent on a lineman to your fans. Arizona made out like bandits getting Leinart @ 10.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

I like Reggie Bush too much for me to have traded him. He's versatile, fast, exciting, and explosive. He'll put fans in the seats in NO. Having Deuce there is a bonus. It means Reggie doesnt need to carry the ball 25+ times a game. He can return kicks, catch out of the slot, or play hb. He'll be similar to Brian Westbrook or Marshall Faulk. Granted, he's far more quick, agile, fast then Westbrook could ever wish to be. He's a steal @ #2 and a blunder not to take 1st. I'm not sold on Vince Young. I like Leinart better. But time will tell on him. Lendale White's the same thing to me. Im not sure what he'll be.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

you guys watch miami last season with rickie williams and ronnie brown? i bet the saints do a dual rb offense like that. also this isn't quite as well known , but the undrafted marcus vick went to miami. he'll make a great backup for the over rated culpeper (assuming he doesn't rob a bank tongue.gif, he is a pretty flakey character from what i hear)  and i definately hope he sees some play time this season. i think he was the steal of the draft

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ May 29 2006, 07:10 AM) View Post

you guys watch miami last season with rickie williams and ronnie brown? i bet the saints do a dual rb offense like that. also this isn't quite as well known , but the undrafted marcus vick went to miami. he'll make a great backup for the over rated culpeper (assuming he doesn't rob a bank tongue.gif, he is a pretty flakey character from what i hear)  and i definately hope he sees some play time this season. i think he was the steal of the draft

I don't think Marcus Vick is the steal of the draft. I think he's talented, but probably more so as a WR or kick returner or something. I'm still not 100% convinced that all these running QBs are all that amazing. Even if you use Michael Vick as the prototype there's still plenty of other QBs in the NFL Id rather have. And NFL arm is more important @ QB then being able to run and it seems the overly athletic ones rely more on their legs and never fully develope the ability to read defenses and such. Hell breaks loose they run rather then try to find the receiver.

For every Mike Vick or McNabb there's a half dozen Akili Smiths, Kordell Stewarts, and Quincy Carters. I'm not convinced.

And Culpepper had an MVP season 2 years ago. Were it not for Manning shattering records Culpepper would have been the league MVP. They got him for next to nothing. He's well worth what they invested into him. If he comes back @ 75% he's one of the top 10 QBs in the league easily.

Bush is awesome with the Saints. The 2 back set is being used by lots of teams. Parker and Bettis being another example. It's hard to find a complete enough back to do everything. The one who can go straight ahead and get that needed yard and the one who can break a 60 yard run don't often come in the same package. NO has a very nice little offense going on down there.

And Leinarts a huge steal @ 10. He's NFL ready today. He's cerebral and accurate. Like Manning, Brady, or even th guy he's backing up, Warner. I like him there. The offense is built to run with a guy just like him @ the helm. So he should fit right in when Warner innevitably gets injured. Add to that the offense there....
Anquan Bolden and Larry Fitzgerald @ WR.
the Edge @ RB