xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Baseball Thread  (Read 281 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »

Inital thoughts about the season? Anyone?

A few quick thoughts on my part.
Nomar's on the DL: I can't even imagine how anyone could be suprised by this.

Beckett was dominant the other night. If Boston stays healthy they have a strong pitching staff and could be a lot better then a lot of people think.

Sabathia injures himself inning 3 opening day...... He'll be back in 3-5 weeks. That sucks for the Indians. He's a workhorse who let's their pen rest. They really need him.

And I still say Pedro and Maddux can dominate. Something about guys with great control and who simply know how to pitch. If Pedroa stays healthy I'd predict 18+ wins.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »

Im not sold on Toronto. NYs lineup has Cano batting 9th. Thats ridiculous. Theyre gonna score ALOT of runs this year. And if there pitchiing stays together at all theyre gonna be tough to beat. Boston has the possibility of a good season with a rotation anchored by Schill and Beckett (assuming they stay healthy). And a pretty potent lineup as well. Toronto could sneak in IF they stay healthy and NY and Boston suffer key injuries. But come on, Toronto cant compete with NY and Boston if they stay healthy. While I like Molina and Glaus, Im not as sold on Ryan and Burnett being saviours. How many career wins does Burnett have? What his career record? And doesnt he have injury issues as well? And Ryan has, what, 47 career saves? Jesus closers get close to that in a season. I just dont think they have enough. I like Roy, but he cant carry em.

I Moose I

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

Cubs 4-2, so I'm happy. I can't wait until Murton busts out and the whole nation goes crazy.

Now all we need is for Mark Prior and Kerry Wood to get there shit together. Damn, the team will improve.

Spency234

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »

http://sports.yahoo....w?gid=260421114

If I was going to be home this is definately what would be on my tv (I might record it anyway.)  I think it would be big if Burnett can outplay Beckett this early in the year.

BTW Rylinkus, what did you think about Chacin (Blue Jays third option) beating your ace?

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Apr 21 2006, 03:37 PM) View Post

http://sports.yahoo....w?gid=260421114

If I was going to be home this is definately what would be on my tv (I might record it anyway.)  I think it would be big if Burnett can outplay Beckett this early in the year.

BTW Rylinkus, what did you think about Chacin (Blue Jays third option) beating your ace?

Becketts the best pitcher when healthy. Better then Dontrelle even IMO. If he can solve his blister issues he could become one of the all time greats.

You can call the Unit NY's ace all you want, but Id still take Mussina. And Pavano once he gets back. Just seems Johnson wont admit when hes hurting anymore. But the Jays definately shelled Johnson. Then again, Mussina cut up Torontos lineup pretty good.  wink.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

Burnett's on the DL with elbow issues. This is the stuff that scares me about him. I think Toronto overpaid a bit for him. I hope he can at least stay healthy this eyar so they see some return on their invetment.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Apr 23 2006, 12:13 AM) View Post

Yeah man not cool at all.  We spent alot of money on him and obviously were very optimistic about the injury.  Bottom line is we need him healthy.

If healthy Im not sure he's worth 11mil a year. Injured hes definately not.

On a side Note: Pedro's now 4-0. 11 Ks last game. He's looking damn impressive.

guitarfrk

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

well today was a good day for me in fantasy baseball...
i got:
giambi - 2hr + a 2 rbi double ( 3 for 4)
tejhada - 4 for 4 with a hr
jeter - 3 for 4
blalock - 3 for 4 with a hr
biggio - 4 for 4 w/ a hr  
swisher - 2 for 4 with a homer
m. bradly - 1 for 3 with a homerun

so thats 6 of 7 players with hrs ..(8 total hrs)
a total of   20 for 27
...which equals .740 batting avg overall for the day

still gotta check on my pitching but so far so goo  pop.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

Who just saw Matsui bend his wrist back, mot likely breaking it?
And why do stations feel the need to replay it 15 times in 10 minutes?
And how the HELL did he do that and still scramble to get to the ball and get it to Jeter and THEN deal with his wrist?
If you didnt see it watch Sportcenter tomorrow, Im sure itll be on @ least half a dozen times. As Im sure theyll taunt NY fans like myself by reshowing it 40 times this eve.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

NYs best prospect is a 3rd baseman. So if ARod went down Duncan could play 3rd. And if Jeter went down Im sure either ARod or Duncan could handle SS. I think Matsui is harder to replace. He's just so damn consistant. So whose gonna be playing that position in NY at the end of the year??? Im gonna put my money on Shannon Stewart or Alphonso Soriano.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Apr 24 2006, 11:12 AM) View Post
Yeah I had a pretty good week last week too, gunna give killerbootsman a good rompin this week. tongue.gif

I'm very glad I picked up Jonathon Paplebon early.

whoops. forgot i signed up for this league sleep.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

So Clemens signed with Houston today

guitarfrk

• Archived User
The Baseball Thread
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

psch yea 10.4 mil for like 4 months ..its retarded....yet i cant resist liking the rocket
Pages: 1 [2]