xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 146 times)

melongstrike

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« on: February 03, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

Does everyone know the Super Bowl is this Sunday? I haven't heard much talk about it at all here and I would have expected more.

Do we not like the Steelers or Seahawks?

Anywho I am not really that big of a fan I guess the commercials and the whole wardrope mal and everthing that stemmed from that got me really disenchanted with super bowl. I may watch the game may not.

For what it's worth go .....UUUUHHMMMMMMMMMM, hell who cares

Seahawks

melongstrike

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

Steelers are super Bowl XL winners  ..... WHAT A BORING GAME!, but congrats to Bettis

WhatsArules?

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

Defence on both sides were to good

_iffy

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

Bettis retired

wtk pro l

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

did he? i fell asleep towards the end, but woke up when hines ward got the mvp.

bluedeath

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

After viewing the steelers practicing their "Disney World" speeches commercial playing in the first half combined with the unbelievably one sided calls I would say that the outcome of that game was decided a week ago.  The plays made in the second half by the seahawks suggested that they had been told in no uncertain terms to take a dive.  Everything else is rigged why not this?  Billions of dollars at stake..  Besides the last thing they wanted were riots in Detroit.

chorizo1

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Feb 6 2006, 01:18 AM) View Post

I wouldn't say there were too many lopsided calls against the seahawks.  The calls that were blown that made any difference were the TD by Roethlisburger, and the TD that the seahawks got that they called offensive pass interference.  

That would have made the score 17-14 in favor of the seahawks. I'm not claiming a conspiracy or anything, it's just the same shitty officiating alot of games have been getting the past couple of years.
 I had no preference on which team won, but wished that these shitty calls hadn't tainted one teams victory. The fans deserved a "clear" winner.

NOTE: Big Ben even admitted in Letterman that he didn't think he made it over the goalline.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Feb 9 2006, 01:03 AM) View Post

That would have made the score 17-14 in favor of the seahawks. I'm not claiming a conspiracy or anything, it's just the same shitty officiating alot of games have been getting the past couple of years.
 I had no preference on which team won, but wished that these shitty calls hadn't tainted one teams victory. The fans deserved a "clear" winner.
NOTE: Big Ben even admitted in Letterman that he didn't think he made it over the goalline.

The phantom hold was BS as well and that penalty on the tackle by Hasselbeck was utter BS. Let me explain to you why the Superbowl blew.

1. The refs should never be the biggest stars of the game
2. The commercials sucked
3. The Stones were AWFUL. Did you see the flaps of skin hanging off the arms? Ick....
4. Singing the National Anthem requires multiple people? It's that strenuous a task?
5. That DR. Suess thing was lame.
6. Former NFL MVPs without the Bradshaw and Montana?????  blink.gif I dont care the reason. Ya gotta have em. Lock em down, pay them what you need to, or don't have it. It's like a Bulls reunion without Jordan and Pippen, but hey we got Cartright and Longley.

7. The REFs.....
I don't care what anyone say, they took away any chance Seattle had of winning. Seattle may not have the better team, but on that day they clearly were the better team. They had less turnovers, more offensive yards, won time of possession, and had the better QB. No team in the history of the NFL has managed all that and lost. I'm not saying conspiracy or that it was caused, but clearly the refs had far too much influence on that game which is sad.

bluedeath

• Archived User
Super Bowl
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

I could not agree more.