xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 97 times)

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
College Football
« on: October 05, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »

Well, my second column for you college football nuts is a day or two tardy...but here we go...

Wrongs-Just for a few games...
-Arizona State dropped a 28-24 lead with 5 minutes left to USC.
-FireUrban.com?  Are you serious?  After one loss to a good team?
-Michigan St. stumbles in OT and looses.
-48 yards for Laurence Maroney???  Wow.
-UCLA only winning by 3...after a COMEBACK!?
-Texas A&M almost lost at home...TO BAYLOR!
-Oklahoma won...yes this is bad in my book. beerchug.gif

Rights-For just a few more...
-Miami of Ohio defeated Cincinatti for the Libery Bell...Solich is gonna make the Huskers really regret firing him...watch.
-Rutgers prove that Pitt is not that great this year.  Even though they allowed 453 total yards.  Rutgers gained only 360 total yards.  Palko was 35/58 for 371 yards and 4 TD's for the Rutgers.
-Louisville rebounded pretty nicely...61-10 over Fla. Atlantic.  Gaining over 600 total yards and allowing just over 200 is a good way to make a statement.
-Michigan handed the Spartans their first loss in a OT thriller.  Good Game!  Cant really say much except Garrett Rivas made up for his miss in the 4th quarter that would have won the game.  He got a second chance.
-Texas outright stomped Mizzou 51-20.  Vince Young had 236 passing yards with 2 TD's and a pick adding 108 on the ground with 1 TD...lookin pretty good still.  585 total yard with 349 on the ground is always a good stat...especiall when you dont win time of possession (29:30 to 30:30).  Mizzou only had 330 total yards.  And Im loving the playing of Jamaal Charles (freshman), who added 97 yards on 15 touches.
-Baylor took A&M to the limits and then some.  The Bears are looking good, even though they lost.  But try this one out...it was AT A&M!  Thats tough for anyone to play...but Baylor?  Yes, outyarding the Aggies Baylor had 347 total yards, allowing 287.  Absolutely shut down star QB Reggie McNeal who threw for a mere 132 yards with 2 picks, had 12 rushes for 83 yards.  Good Job Bears.
-Penn State over Minnesota.  Wouldnt have picked that one.  35 first downs for the Nittany Lions, holding the Gophers to only 13.  539 total yards was only the beginning of how they won.  Holding Maroney to only 48 yards was the other.  Gophers only gained 287 yards.
-Nebraska finally got their A-game going...A is for AIR.  Dished out 467 yards, which I believe doubles or triples their average per game.  Only 36 on the ground though.  Zac Taylor set the single game NU record for passing yards...but you only needed around 10 I think.  ha ha.  Just kidding Zac...Good game, congrats on the record, but you gotta stay consistant.  
-Alabama routs #5 Florida.  Two scores were on drives of 1, yes 1, play (87 and 65 yard TD passes).  Impressive.  The Tide are for real...and the herd is coming.
-Notre Dame racked up a whopping 621 yards against Purdue in their win.  Allowing 514 made both defenses look terrible.  Either way, 440 yards by Brady Quinn is verry impressive.  I think Weis likes guys named Brady.
-