xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Poker Is Not A Sport  (Read 487 times)

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »

I agree it is not a sport, I was watching TSN Canada's version of ESPN and they had a stupid spelling bee on what the hell is up with that? I say real sports are Soccer, Baseball, Football, Rugby, Hockey, Boxing, Auto Racing and Olympic's There are a few I have probly left out but poker and spelling bee's are sports.

Colonel32

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ghost_Face_Killah @ Jun 8 2005, 09:22 PM)
if you can't break a sweat, it ain't a sport

lebriznon

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »

poker isnt a sport. doesnt have to be a sport to be on espn.  this mornining i saw the national spelling bee on ESPN. bunch of 13 yr olds spelling words.  unless thats a sport now....might be responsible for obesity...

gcskate27

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »

what about archery or target shooting? are they sports? they invovle about the same level of exercise and concentration...

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(NobodyIsThereAnymore @ Jun 9 2005, 04:07 PM)
Soccer isn't a sport.

lowsodium

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2005, 02:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Colonel32 @ Jun 11 2005, 08:28 PM)
You have not gone all in with a large stack of your own money before wink.gif

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

You have not gone all in with a large flute before wink.gif

I have once  blink.gif

I have more complex turns on my way to 7-11 to get rolling papers than any Nascar driver faces in their Driving competition.

And when was the last time you had 30 other cars on the road going at and around you at 200 mph trying to get those papers before you??? Thats what i thought.

And as far as the subjectline goes. I believe that poker is a sport simply because you do need great physical and mental abilities. You need to calculate pot odds and when your pocket kings are beaten on the flop. You also need physical ability because you have to be able to sit damn near physically still for hours on end so you dont give away the strength or weakness of your hands. Poker may not be as physical as baseball or football, but it does take stamins and ability to play in a tournament for 40 hours a week.

jimjom

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »

huh.gif

reidtheweed01

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbox beat box @ Jul 13 2005, 03:05 PM)
Golf is clearly a sport, yet there is little if any physical endurance, I play golf 3-4 times a week and I find walking the fairways super relaxing, especially after a few beers and a spliff. Look at John Daly, that guy hasnt put forth an ounce of energy in his game, except for his monster drives.

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
Poker Is Not A Sport
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2005, 03:32:00 AM »

Poker is a sport to me, I play nl hold'em with my mates nearly everyday and watch the world poker tour nearly every night. What makes it a sport is that you can analyse it in the same ways like wether or not he made as great play. In poker, wether you win or lose doesnt matter, its wether you made a good decision. Its competetive, requires skill, and is in many ways sportlike.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]