xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Taunting In Football  (Read 112 times)

k funk

• Archived User
Taunting In Football
« on: October 17, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

so i was watching the seahawks play the patriots today and i totally accept the outcome of the game the seahawks lost fair and square
however there was one call in the 3rd quarter that stood out to me when koren robinson (#81) made a catch and in the excitement of the game spun the football on his own teams sideline in a celebratory fashion only to find that it was infact taunting the opponent.
ok so hears the thing, WUT THE FUCK!!!!! its football, theres nothing unsportsmanlike or uncommon about what #81 did and yet when a linebacker smears a QB and then VERY verbally taunts him WHILE HES SITTING ON HIM isn't 'taunting, but spinning a football is?
i just have to ask wut the fuck one last time, some one help me out please

Arvarden

• Archived User
Taunting In Football
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »

Post removed.
MOD EDIT: Football vs. Football Flaming ends NOW!
It is becoming ridiculuos. If someone asks a question about football they don't want to hear about soccer and neither do I. Same rule goes for soccer threads. If you want to argue over nothing make your own football vs. football thread. All new off topic posts will be removed.

This post has been edited by mamajo: Oct 18 2004, 05:22 PM

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Taunting In Football
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »

hey Arvarden...get over it...someone called the game football...we have no control over it now...so shut the fuck up

"real football"....and we play fake football?

anyways..i saw that taunting  call too....

I really did not get that call at all, I dont get that rule?

I mean, you got a bunch of guys who are fuckin enormous......you can hit, punch and kick the shit out of each other all day, yet they cant take a bit of taunting?

I understand showboating and it taking too much time...I think taunting is part of the game, if you cant take the heat, get off teh field.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Taunting In Football
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

So you admit you play with yourself?

ProSam

• Archived User
Taunting In Football
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

Even I think it is a stupid rule. But we don't make them or even have the ability to do something about it. The players association has to do something about it.

@Arvarden
user posted image

revelashon

• Archived User
Taunting In Football
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

Uncontrolled taunting will eventually cause a fight.
It's funny how the shit kicking that goes on during the play is overshadowed by the comments or actions made after the play.