xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Runners In Xbox-scene?  (Read 131 times)

Shoue

• Archived User
Any Runners In Xbox-scene?
« on: August 07, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

well haven't really read any topics about running around here. and with Athens coming up really soon I just was wondering if any body here runs any races? Im on my highschool's track and cross country team, and hoping to run in college.

hitm975

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

i dont play track but i play baseball and hockey, i run the 40 in 6.39 which isnt very good compared to some of the best. good luck tho with your running career..

green_beetle

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 03:36:00 AM »

sprints or long distance?

i like long distance, i wouldnt say im very good but i like the occasional run once in a while.

Lukenatme

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

I ran in high school.  My high school was pretty small (about 500 students total grades 9-12).  I did cross country (3.1 miles) and track (mile, 2 mile, and 4x800 relay).  I liked cross country better because running long distances on a track got really old...same scenery.  Maybe I should blocked out the scenery?  Either way, I had a good time.  

My best mile time in track was 4 minutes, 51 seconds
Best 2 mile time was 10 minutes, 45 seconds  blink.gif
Best cross country time was right about 18 minutes

Funny though because I didn't do anything in high school athletics until the spring of my sophomore year.  I decided that I needed something on my high school resume so I figured I'd give running a shot.  My senior year, I was on the all-conference team for cross country.  I got that by placing 10th at the conference meet.  (Had to place 10th or better to be all-conference).  The conference had like 9 schools, but one school had the top 5 places, so there wasn't much room for me!  I guess it kinda shows how mediocre the conference was that during the race I thought I was running horribly and at the end I sprinted to pass two people and the judge at the finish line handed me a 10th place ribbon... laugh.gif

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

I always dreamed of running the 100 m finals in the olympics as a young kid rolleyes.gif  I never trained for any club(lived too far away from any clubs), but when I was 14 I tried running 100m COMPLETELY out of shape. But I clocked in at 11.8s, which I was REALLY glad about. The teacher that clocked me was like crazy, and tried getting me to start competing for a club, but I didn't feel like it. Anyways, I'm happy about the result, but it sadens me that I didn't join a club when I was young. On the other hand, I'm white so I probably wouldn't have made it to the olympics anyway biggrin.gif

Xboxmodder3690

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

I run cross country. My best time for 2 miles was 11:58 (outdoors) and my three mile time wasosmewherew in 18 or 19 minutes. I am A Freshman in HS

ktm300

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

I run from the cops to keep in shape for H.S. soccer.

tman570

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

If I could only quit smoking I would take up running wink.gif