xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Euro 2004  (Read 513 times)

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »

The italians ARE screaming out there was a "Nordic conspiracy". They're like crazy down there. They threw eggs on the danish consulate in Italy, and they destroyed the tyre's on their car's

elfey1

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2004, 09:43:00 AM »

the portugese did desrve to win based on their overall performance, but come on, if it wasnt for the ref england would have put more goals in the net - and thats what counts. england were fucked over, i think we have reason to be pissed. - and in answer to therebellious1 - of course its not a foul to be within 6 foot of the keeper- you cant be making rules up as you go along

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

OMG!!! Greece won!!?!! And they played really well. To be honest I'm a bit sad when underdogs win too much because it makes the game "unserious". But Greece definitely deserved to win, France sucked. Incredibly solid play by Greece. So well controlled. I'm truly impressed. Now there's no country with more than 16 million(Netherlands) inhabitants left.

This is a weird championship. So was WC '02 as well, but not THIS weird.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

ohmy.gif
I thought France just screwed up or were too busy sitting on there high horse.  Greece deserved this win, fair and square.  Go Greece!
PS.  I'm still pissed about England losing but I'm kinda torn because a friend of mine is Portugese and I was leaning more towards my English side (my mother)

dry.gif   Oh welll....

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

sad.gif

Any team could have won, Sweden happened to lose. Life could've been worse, not much, but still.

I'm too tired wanting to declare Holland war. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
Life's a bitch. I was surprised Holland could hold the game that well, since Sweden seemed very good in the back-line. I thought Holland would be furious they couldn't score. I didn't see much of that, unfortunately. It's fair though, eventhough it just as well could have been Sweden.

I'm about to sleep now, I just hope I won't start crying when I wake up, realizing it's true.

Anyway, there's another championship in 2 years, and then I'll be at set.

sham

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

the english didnt react well at all. they're blaming everything from the pitch to santa claus, and they will harp on about it for all eternity, failing to accept the fact that england simply played sh1t and didnt deserve to win it one bit.And dont forget what happened to the red lion bar - oh dear, all that over a sport, get a life you losers.England believe they have some god-given right to win - they dont.you earn victories.If they played well against them, then they would have won without any last minutes antics.There are so many occasions in the premiership when a keeper falls down at the slightest touch, or in some cases when theres no touch, and the ref still gives a free kick, but no one really moans too much, since thats the rules nowadays.now all of a sudden england expect the referees to adjust the rules according to their wishes.At least one engand player admits that looking for scapegoats is not the right thing - gary neville, and thats because he is so rubbish, he has some humility, unlike the rest of the overpaid retards- no surprise to see owen,lampard,terry and beckham whinge all night long.

renegade1488

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

tbh we (England) didn't play well at all, we were sloppy at times, but the manner in which we were denied a goal pissed me off quite a bit. I was rather pissed off at the decision, but no arguing with it, nothing can happen about it now and I see it as a good thing that we came so close to winning without playing too well. But all in all, Rui Costa's goal was good enough to win any match
*remembers Jon Kabira of Winning Eleven fame*
LUI-LUI-LUI-COSHTAAAAHHH

lantus

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

greece !@$#*)(@#$

giant killers - the match against Czech R was amazing. Apart from 2 chances, the greeks controlled the midfield for most of the match, until the last 15 minutes of normal time where the Czechs had a sniff of victory.

after extra time the greeks came out firing. what a finish!

Spency234

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

I would love to see Portugal get beat out in the final just because they beat out my team (Netherlands), and it seems like when they did every Portuguese person in my city came out with their massive flags, I saw a car with about 15 flags attached to it, and a fat chick walking around with nothing but the flag on!
[/Rant]

Anywho, GO GREECE.  biggrin.gif

jbp20717

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2004, 01:36:00 AM »

Since their game against Russia, Greece have been playing really well and deserve to be in the final (they really went for it in extra time).

I don't think the competition is as fucked up as wc2002, I mean Germany were in the final after beating the likes of Paraguay, the USA and Korea and the 3rd place final was between Korea and Turkey - hardly team of a high calibre!

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (lantus @ Jul 1 2004, 10:55 PM)
greece !@$#*)(@#$

giant killers - the match against Czech R was amazing. Apart from 2 chances, the greeks controlled the midfield for most of the match, until the last 15 minutes of normal time where the Czechs had a sniff of victory.

after extra time the greeks came out firing. what a finish!

Yep I agree, I was constantly cheering Greece on, and the silver goal rule worked very nicely for them  laugh.gif
COME ON THE GREECE!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]