xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Euro 2004  (Read 441 times)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« on: June 13, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

What you think of ydays matches? I was AMAZED that greece one... It was a hit and run style game  laugh.gif
Now Today I'm cheering on England with my St Georges cross... We'll teach the French a thing or two... Prediction:
England 3 - 1 France
Lampard 19      Trezeget 42
Lampard 62
Owen 91st

Spency234

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

Crazy ending!

The one soccer (football) game I get to watch probably for the year and it turns out to be this one!

beerchug.gif

Dunny

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

speechless

sad.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

I'm not speechless!
ONE THING:
FUCKING LUCKYPIECES OF FRENCH SHIT!
HOW THE FUCK CAN THAT HAPPEN
WE WERE FUCKING ROBBED

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »

Man I was stunned. First Zidane's incredible freekick, and then Gerrard's incredibly stupid back-pass. I mean I was a little sad when France made 1-1, but I would never imagine they'd score 2-1. Beckham said it was his own fault they lost, and I have to agree at some extent, because that was a bad penalty-kick. But he did make an incredible free-kick when Lampard scored, though. I just can't understand why Eriksson allowed Beckham to do the penalty-kick, since(IMO) Beckham never has been that good at penalty-kicks. At least it wasn't Eriksson's fault they lost this time. It's a shame, but I had predicted France would win. Not this way though.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

i agree, what gerrards back pass was really stupid.

melon

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

I cant belive we lost that game, i really cant.
It has proved we are that good and do have a chance of winning it.
Who reckons if Rooney hadnt been brought down the goal would have been well better than owens against the argies in 98?
Come on England
beerchug.gif

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 03:31:00 AM »

FIVE - NIL!!!!  Do I have words for it? Not any good, but still!!! Watch out Italy, it's gonna' be tough out there. Zlatan and Larsson VS. Totti and Vieri, it'll be interesting.

I was really irritated at Sweden's play in the first half because of my high expectations, but when Larsson made 2-0 and a minute later 3-0, I knew it would be a classic in Swedish football. Teddy Lucic ruined Sweden's first half, but when we switched him for Christian Wilhelmsson, everything opened up.

There are no good words to describe the feeling going through the vains of Swedes' at this moment.

5-0    -     STUNNING!!!

jbp20717

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »

CAn't believe how we managed to lose the game, maybe a draw as France did thrash us for the whole of the 2nd half - I seriously can't understand how Eriksson, Beckham and Mclaren all said after the match that it was a good performance, we played shit, if we had won that it would have been far more a surprise than the Greece result.  

Bulgaria outplayed Sweden by far until the second (and third) goal(s), but those two goals in a minute would be demoralizing for any team.

ANyone see the Italy-Denmark game?  Denmark deserved to win that and as I have lots of Italian friends I like to that the piss out of the national team whenever they lose.

Looking forward to the Latvia game today...could be an upset biggrin.gif

Dunny

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (melon @ Jun 14 2004, 10:53 AM)
Who reckons if Rooney hadnt been brought down the goal would have been well better than owens against the argies in 98?

nah, he could have missed and then I would have been annoyed he didn't pass to the unmarked Vassell.  I thought Rooney played well but he could do with controlling his temper! grr.gif

Spency234

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

I know it's easier said then done, but I really don't think one of the elite players in the world (Beckham) should miss a penalty kick.  That ball should have just barely skimmed the inside of the post.

Arvarden

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

France should've scored more goals imo considering England were having problems getting out of there half.

If England wins euro 2004 i will eat 1oz of green

C'mon England!!1

rolleyes.gif  

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

Spency: Do you play football? You at least seem very interested. Do you cheer for any team in specific? Considering you're canadian I suppose either France or England. I had no ideas they showed the games over the atlantic since it's such a small game in America.

jbp: I thought England played rather well, albeit too defensive, but it gave results on the other hand. Too bad it didn't last. And I agree Sweden played not too good, but I wouldn't say they outplayed us. Most over here expected Sweden to be bad in the beginning, except from me. None of my friends were the least worried. And when Lucic went out, we ruled them out completely.

Anyways, Latvia has the lead by one score now. They're absolutely outplayed, but with their extremely thick defense they might actually come out with a point(the chechz will score).

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

3rd division is pretty good in Sweden, but I have no idea how many divisions you've got. We've got (depending on how many teams there are in your local area) about 6 divisions + Allsvenskan which is the top division.
Nice to see you play it over there. I guess it's a bigger sport in Canada than in USA.

Hope to see an even better 2:nd half now.

BTW: The referee-team is Swedish  beerchug.gif

gronne

• Archived User
Euro 2004
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

Mamajo: I thought you were canadian? Anyways, Italy will have mayor troubles with Sweden on friday. What do you think about it? Italy must win, so I believe Sweden will have moyur troubles with Italy as well(that was predicted of course).

I guess 0-0 or 1-1. Unless Italy's changed a lot in their system, which I think they should. But it's not easy to adapt a new system that fast. Vieri and Totti must start running. Trappatoni should've realized you're not unbeatable. IMO he's done a bad job this far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4