xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Opening Day  (Read 176 times)

IndieSnob

• Archived User
Opening Day
« on: April 04, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

Anyone else stoked about the redsox/o's game tonight? I'm always completely jacked for baseball season. Too bad Pedro looks like crap and keeps losing his control.

Xeero

• Archived User
Opening Day
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

laugh.gif

(This a contract season for Pedro.  He'd better shape up.)

IndieSnob

• Archived User
Opening Day
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

laugh.gif And you're right, Pedro better try to keep as injury free as possible and pitch well or he could be looking at the chance at a smaller contract.

Xeero

• Archived User
Opening Day
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

A haircut wouldn't hurt, either.  Spring training is over, Pete.

chefelf

• Archived User
Opening Day
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

I can't get over the endless Curt Schilling commercials.  The last ten Bruins games have been like a Curt Schilling film festival.  He hasn't even played a game in a Red Sox uniform!

ROCKER

• Archived User
Opening Day
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

go Yanks   beerchug.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Opening Day
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

I'm not a big Pedro fan. He's a great pitcher. Probably the best in the game when he's on. But he seems to always have an excuse when he's not. I just don't like that sort of attitude. Why not just say, "Yeah, I really sucked out there today"?

Everyone is making a big deal about Pedro's stuff this off season. I don't think he's that bad. Even the way he's been pitching he's throwing better then 90% of pitchers in baseball. You can't expect a guy of his stature to keep his fastball forever. The ones that do are generally bigger guys, Clemens, Johnson, or even Schilling. To that note I am a bit lost as to the big deal over Schilling. Maybe I'm just sick, as a Yankees fan, of hearing about how great he's gonna be this year. Just like Brown on the Yankees he's getting to the end of his career. You can't expect guys like this to have their best seasons. I'd be surprised if bothof them get through the season without injury.