xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Futbol  (Read 435 times)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Futbol
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 02:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Mar 26 2004, 09:22 PM)
chilin_dude, you aren't going to win this argument with the total board members being about 90% American.

I'm going to damned try!!!!

Well, SOCCER doesn't involve tackling and intentional collisions at high speed.

You obviously haven't watched many competetive matches recently, watch a player like Alan Smith and you will see that this occurs very often... not that its good mind.
Trotting down a huge field tapping a ball with your toes is hardly "fast paced action" or "hard hitting"

Huge field? Its not even that big, and they don't 'trot' down it, they run down it if you are watching attacking football like Real Madrid v Man U. And I would call this fast paced. 'Hard Hitting' See above and also if you get hit by a football going 120mph from Thierry Henry you won't be saying its not hard hitting... especially in the balls... trust me ph34r.gif
I'll admit that Rugby is a pretty tough sport, though - and that's what American Football descended from (and predates the sport those guys above are prancing about over).

Ack rugby is too boring... not nearly as fast paced as football... it is however the game with the most hits like you mention, however I would still take NFL over this anyday.
Technically, Soccer was called "Association Football" - kind of like "Powderpuff Football" or "Flag Football" -

Why is Association football like powderpuff football? Thats like saying the phrase American Football is like Fairy Football  blink.gif
different from "real" football.
What? English Football is THE real football  tongue.gif
The term "Soccer" was derived from that, though "Futbol" is an acceptable name.

I've NEVER heard football be called 'futbol' I mean i don't even understand where that name came from.
since it is easily differentiated from the hard hitting American sport.

Don't get me started on that again... See further up  rolleyes.gif

*Prefers to right another essay after BJ'S reply*

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Futbol
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »

jester.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Futbol
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2004, 05:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Mar 27 2004, 02:44 PM)
jester.gif

Damn!!! I was wanting a good ol' debate here

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Futbol
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Mar 27 2004, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Mar 27 2004, 02:44 PM)
jester.gif

Damn!!! I was wanting a good ol' debate here

I was expecting an essay!  wink.gif

GRiFFBALL

• Archived User
Futbol
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »

well bj even though i am english and a FOOTBALL (real football) fan i must say you gotta laugh at that picture.  how can your football ripoff even be called football? dont  they actually use their hands as well?  kinda contradictive dont ya think?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Futbol
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (GRiFFBALL @ Apr 5 2004, 05:44 AM)
well bj even though i am english and a FOOTBALL (real football) fan i must say you gotta laugh at that picture.  how can your football ripoff even be called football? dont  they actually use their hands as well?  kinda contradictive dont ya think?

The funniest thing about the picture is that ALL of it came from the same world cup (I'll admit that I did photoshop it a bit)  wink.gif

I'll take an Icky Shuffle  in the end zone over a retarded looking airplane wings prance anyday, thank you  laugh.gif

You have to admit, those guys look alot like this guy:

user posted image

when they celebrate....  jester.gif

gronne

• Archived User
Futbol
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 05:42:00 AM »

cool.gif

In handball you only use your hands, in football you only use your feet, and in American football you use both your hands and feet... think it's settled then. rolleyes.gif

Someone thought they care too little of "soccer" in USA, but it should be stated that we probably bother less about American football than they do about "soccer".
Pages: 1 [2]