xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Todd Bertuzzi Incident  (Read 789 times)

ADAWG69

• Archived User
The Todd Bertuzzi Incident
« on: March 09, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »

I canno believe this! I can't believe Moore is like in a coma now and could die...this is so fucked up. I am eagerley waiting the decision on what will happen with Bertuzzi tomorrow. Just curious what every1 else thinks?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

No.. Moore is not in coma, and he is not going to die. He suffered an concussion, and had some internal injuries, but nothing life-threatening.

Bertuzzi should get the same punishment McSorley got a few years ago. One year suspension from the NHL. And, I won't be shocked to see a possible assault charge too.

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

Actually he has a broken neck, so it's pretty serious, but he's not in a coma.  Sadly there are cheap shots like this taken all the time but they don't always result in such severe injuries.

Bertuzzi's a bastard, what do you expect?  wink.gif

ADAWG69

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

sorry about the whole coma and dying thing....it turns out my friend thought it would be funny to lie to me about that....sorry for that. I also heard though that Moore being hit was due to the fact he smoked a Vancouver player with his elbow so it was kind of retalliation.

I wish I saw the game...

X2Gamer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

Yeah i live in Vancouver and the incident was a attempt to get back at moore for hitting the team captain some time ago. It wasn't a smart thing to do and could've caused some seriuos damage to Moore and Bertuzzi's carreer.

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

Retaliation is a part of the game.  but he went about it the wrong way.  It isn't uncommon for retaliation to just start a fight right when the puck is droppped the faceoff after the call.  This just happened the other night in a gamei was playing.

I think bert was fired up at the time and went about it the complete wrong way.  What he did was brutal and i agree that he should be out for 1 year.  I"m sure bert regrets what he did but that doesn't make up for it.  This could hurt hockey, if anything happens to moore this could hurt the sports integrity.  But then again it may help it.  Either way someone way be messed up for life and depending on the injury he should be suspended accordingly.  If anything really serious happens i think he should be done for good.  Although i would hate to see it bert's a tough player and he plays the sport well, but he crossed the line and i don't want the future of the sport to be tainted if they let him get away with it....
... by the way since this is a hockey thread i'll update on the hockey thread we had going a few days ago.

My teams the pens have gone 5-2-1 since they had their 18 game losing streak.  So i'm real happy, they shutout dallas tonight with aubin making 45 saves.  I'm going to a pens game when i'm in pitt this comming sunday.  I hope they can keep their streak alive

The leafs are looking up after the trade deadline, gaining leech and now ron fransis (ANOTHER penguin great).

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

last i heard it was fractured spine and he wont be on the ice again anytime soon, if  ever

ed:

from the videos i saw, it appears the bert just comes up from behind him and jumps on him, realy gay, he should be expelled from the nhl forever for shit like that

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

being a canucks fan, i totally think Moore deserves to be hit..and HARD at that.  but what bertuzzi did was just over the top.  a well-planned clean hit would be enough to satisfy the most vengeful fan.  what he did was not only disgraceful to himself and and the team, but has probably caused many canucks fans to lose respect in him.  sure he was great.  was my favourite canuck till it happened...

if the hit was planned in any way, it was damn stupid then.  we just lost a star player...was it worth it? hell no...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

i'm glad to see that you dont think he deserves irrepairable spinal damage

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

actually, im beginning to question the origin of the spinal injury.  i dont think it was bert's hit that made it.  i think it was the pile of 8 guys that crushed him.  bert's a big guy, but i dont think its enough to break his neck.

X2Gamer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »

Bert was a coward imo he could have at least fought fairly instead of from behind unexpectedly. I think Canuck fans cheered him on during that part though.

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »

bah, bert was the catalyst

Waffle

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

bill braski was one tough son of a bitch

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (X2Gamer @ Mar 9 2004, 10:55 PM)
Bert was a coward imo he could have at least fought fairly instead of from behind unexpectedly. I think Canuck fans cheered him on during that part though.

hey he tried  biggrin.gif   not his fault moore turned his back on numerous challenges to a "fair" fight.  i say moores the coward for getting away with smoking naslund in the head, and then chickening out on all fights after that.  laugh.gif

Intelligoth

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

I think lebriznon is the only one either watching ESPN or bothering to read the online sports articles.

Moore has 2 fractured vertebrae in his neck.  Spinal cord is not severed.  Concussion and deep facial cuts. So he will live, he will walk, and he'll think twice about elbowing another Team Captain in the head.

He's a no name rookie that tried to piss with the big dogs and take out a major player.  If a minor Vancouver player had done that to Joe Sakic and not gotten a penalty, you can bet your sweet ass that Colorado fans would be howling for blood.
Moore had something coming, no doubt about it.  If he didn't have the balls to face Bertuzzi, he should have worn Panties instead of the Avs uniform.

Had Bertuzzi just left it at a cheap shot and not knocked Moore down and fallen on him, I don't think people would be shitting their pants so much over the incident.  Hockey is not figure skating, it's a tough game.  You play it long enough, you're going to get hurt.  It's the nature of the game.  Moore should have had the sense to know thatthe 2 things you NEVER do is take down a goalie or a team captain.

I say suspend Bertuzzi for 10 games and slap a heavy fine on him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4