xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fox Deal Confirmed  (Read 88 times)

Ces2k3

• Archived User
Fox Deal Confirmed
« on: April 16, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

The following comes from PWTorch.com Jason Powell Report

Jeff Jarrett told UFC officials that the television deal with Fox Sports Network has been finalized. Jarrett met with UFC officials two weeks ago in Las Vegas at the site of the UFC pay-per-view event. Jarrett pitched the idea of doing an inter-promotional angle and some cross-promotional opportunities. UFC’s Dana White passed on both offers, as he said it wouldn’t be a good idea for UFC to get involved with a pro wrestling company. During the meetings, Jarrett told White that the UFC deal had been finalized and spoke of June as the starting date. The latest word on the TV schedule for TNA is that they will tape bi-weekly in Orlando, Fla. for FSN, and will be dropping the weekly pay-per-views in favor of airing monthly events. This means the wrestlers would work the same number of dates they are now. Although most wrestlers believed they would be working four dates per month when they signed their TNA contracts, they have been working three per month ever since TNA started pre-taping the America’s X Cup shows.

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Fox Deal Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

sad.gif(

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
Fox Deal Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

I hope it's good. I've only ever seen one TNA show, and it sucked. Hard. But I'm willing to give it another chance since I'll get if for free, and since it'll be wrestling and NOT WWE wrestling.

bana

• Archived User
Fox Deal Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Fox Deal Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

TNA has much of the same pitfalls as WWE programming.. and having guys like Russo back in the fold.. just means sooner or later the same old retarded stories will return to TNA.

TNA's saving grace.. the talent of the X-Division.