xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recent News  (Read 103 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Recent News
« on: March 26, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »

- SPIKE re-running the DRAFT RAW episode on Sunday 3/28 at 8 PM following Sunday Night Heat.

- Early numbers for WrestlemaniaXX.. 900,000-950,000 Viewers.. earning 40$ Million+. (best in years...)

- campus newspaper, the GW Hatchet reports the Rock said he made 33 million dollars for his last three films.

- Chris Jericho's band Fozzy making trip up north to Canada and will take place after a WWE Event. April 18th performing after Backlash.  April 19th post WWE Raw. It will be at The Whiskey (341 10th Ave. SW)

- Ebony (April) magazine Story: Jazz and Rodney Mack article 'Being Married To A Star Is Not Always A Starring Role'. In it, Jazz tells how one time at their friend's wrestling show a woman got in Rodney Mack's face, and she (Jazz) ended up breaking the woman's nose in a fight.

- Jesse Ventura did an online chat at MSN.com this past Tuesday night. During the chat, Jesse talked about being inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame, unionizing wrestling, The Rock entering politics, WWE buying WCW, the movie "Beyond The Mat" and his plans for the future. http://chat.msn.com/...st/jesseventura

- Police were called to Austin's home in the Dominion, an upscale residential area in San Antonio on Thursday night. According to the police report, Broussard claimed the pair, who had been together for about a year but are in the process of separating were talking when Austin "became irritable." Broussard claimed she was pushed down and "landed on her hands and knees." She told officers at the scene she "feared bodily injury." Broussard also told officers she had pictures taken for evidence, and planned on pursuing charges against Austin. Broussard was mentioned at the end of Austin's autobiography and accompanied him on many of the media appearances he made to promote the book.

- WWE Hall of Fame member Johnny Valiant and his one man stage show, which combines stories of being on the road with his fellow legends and comedy. It's an interesting look at how Valiant's stage show came to be. It will be playing in the Boston area this weekend and usually pops up in NYC. http://www.boston.co...valiant_effort/

- Fozzy MTV article.. http://www.mtv.com/n...?headlines=true

- The Rock will be doing an MSN.com chat on March 31st at 8 PM (ET). Go to http://chat.msn.com/...erock_march2004

- Watch for the "The Rise and Fall of ECW" will be a 2 disc set from WWE (who currently owns the entire ECW and WCW, and AWA video archives. (June)

Sources:
http://www.wrestlingdaily.net
http://www.pwinsider.com

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Recent News
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

- SPIKE re-running the DRAFT RAW episode on Sunday 3/28 at 8 PM following Sunday Night Heat. 

I may be dumb but I have to ask.... Why???

- Early numbers for WrestlemaniaXX.. 900,000-950,000 Viewers.. earning 40$ Million+. (best in years...)

Thats nice to know but its too bad its only a one time thing. PPV buyrates will go back down now with lackluster (compared to WMXX) PPV's.

- campus newspaper, the GW Hatchet reports the Rock said he made 33 million dollars for his last three films.

Isnt that more than they grossed at teh box office combined???  ohmy.gif

- Chris Jericho's band Fozzy making trip up north to Canada and will take place after a WWE Event. April 18th performing after Backlash. April 19th post WWE Raw. It will be at The Whiskey (341 10th Ave. SW)

Rock on Jericho. He is one of the new (alongside John Cena) that has actual talent in the studio. But i guess WWE couldnt release a WWE Originals CD-Single of just those two......

- Ebony (April) magazine Story: Jazz and Rodney Mack article 'Being Married To A Star Is Not Always A Starring Role'. In it, Jazz tells how one time at their friend's wrestling show a woman got in Rodney Mack's face, and she (Jazz) ended up breaking the woman's nose in a fight.

Sounds like a case of the woman wearing the pants in the relationship   rotfl.gif

- Jesse Ventura did an online chat at MSN.com this past Tuesday night. During the chat, Jesse talked about being inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame, unionizing wrestling, The Rock entering politics, WWE buying WCW, the movie "Beyond The Mat" and his plans for the future. http://chat.msn.com/...st/jesseventura

More power to Ventura!!! I dont know who I want in the white house more, Jesse Ventura or Ralph Nader. Too bad neither will make it anytime soon.

- Police were called to Austin's home in the Dominion, an upscale residential area in San Antonio on Thursday night. According to the police report, Broussard claimed the pair, who had been together for about a year but are in the process of separating were talking when Austin "became irritable." Broussard claimed she was pushed down and "landed on her hands and knees." She told officers at the scene she "feared bodily injury." Broussard also told officers she had pictures taken for evidence, and planned on pursuing charges against Austin. Broussard was mentioned at the end of Austin's autobiography and accompanied him on many of the media appearances he made to promote the book.

Ive said it before and il say it again. Steve Austin (Williams) is a stupid redneck with no self control and always will be.

- Watch for the "The Rise and Fall of ECW" will be a 2 disc set from WWE (who currently owns the entire ECW and WCW, and AWA video archives. (June)

I cant wait. Always good to see old ECW and WCW stuff. I also cant wait for WWE 24/7. Just wish McMahon would re-release some WCW PPV's on DVD.....he'd make a fortune.

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
Recent News
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Mar 27 2004, 09:01 AM)

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering: did he give her a stunner? Before the beating, did he give flip her off first? Who threw him beers after he was done?

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Recent News
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (thegame_evolution @ Mar 27 2004, 05:30 PM)
I may be dumb but I have to ask.... Why???

Isnt that more than they grossed at teh box office combined???  ohmy.gif

Sounds like a case of the woman wearing the pants in the relationship   rotfl.gif

More power to Ventura!!! I dont know who I want in the white house more, Jesse Ventura or Ralph Nader. Too bad neither will make it anytime soon.

Ive said it before and il say it again. Steve Austin (Williams) is a stupid redneck with no self control and always will be.

I cant wait. Always good to see old ECW and WCW stuff. I also cant wait for WWE 24/7. Just wish McMahon would re-release some WCW PPV's on DVD.....he'd make a fortune.

I think you are only considering the locally announced box office takes for his movies.  ScorpionKing alone.. netted him a 5 Million dollar paycheck.. then 5 million in initial residuals.. and that's not including money he made from the DVD sales of the movie. Scorpion King likely netted him 15 mill alone to date.

Jazz originally passed herself off as a male wrestler in her early days.. so it isn't surprising..

Jesse would be a breath of fresh air to the political landscape.

As for Austin.. isn't that what most people love about him? smile.gif

The ECW set shouod be nice.. the Monday night wars was pretty well balanced.. and if they take the same tone.. the ECW set should be a winner.  Timing for it couldn't be better either..

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Recent News
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (Aunt_Jemima @ Mar 27 2004, 05:41 PM)
I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering: did he give her a stunner? Before the beating, did he give flip her off first? Who threw him beers after he was done?

Imagine sex in his house.. when the deed is done.. he runs to the corner post of his 4 post bed.. gives the finger to the broad.. then a little guy throws him some beers.

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Recent News
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »

Jesse would be a breath of fresh air to the political landscape.

I never said he wouldnt. Id vote for him and he did a great job as MN Governor. Im just aying that he's an independent and independents have a hard time getting in the white house. Although now that Ventura has Donald Trump backing him he could have a chance. Who knows. Maybe Ventura could be president in 2008 and have TRump as VP and have Trump go to G.W. or John Kerry and say "Your Fired".

As for Austin.. isn't that what most people love about him?

Most......but certainly not me.......but i like HHH so im the crazy one right??

Imagine sex in his house.. when the deed is done.. he runs to the corner post of his 4 post bed.. gives the finger to the broad.. then a little guy throws him some beers.

I wonder if he starts it off with a Thesz press then instead of punching he thrusts???